Gun Safe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Safe

Gun Safe

What do You have for a gun safe......combination; push pad; key; etc., pro's and con's on the others.
    Without really saying what I keep for what or where I have them ......... for hand guns, right now I got the Push Pad which does have the key overide and is "close" when needed. I practice opening it in the dark or with my eye's shut. I have one of those Stack** cabinets for the Other weapons. This one has only the Key lock.
    I don't know, the Combination type seem fine, but having to open it in a hurry under pressure and in the dark also. You can probably say the same for the Key Pad type too. They do have the bells and whistles letting you know when the battery/s are almost due for changing and LED. That shouldn't bother you if You know your equipment anyway. Since I purchased a nice Toy last month I need to upgrade on Safety. I'm now looking at a Safe which has the Key Pad LED w/ key override. I'll still use the Cabinet for other things, but for more added safety, also because having Rugrats in the house I'm going to invest in what I feel is a much more safer and stronger unit........a safe.
    Rugrats= Kids (incase you didn't know)
    Oh, and apologies too the thread police if I posted in wrong area.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    What do You have for a gun safe......combination; push pad; key; etc., pro's and con's on the others.
    Without really saying what I keep for what or where I have them ......... for hand guns, right now I got the Push Pad which does have the key overide and is "close" when needed. I practice opening it in the dark or with my eye's shut. I have one of those Stack** cabinets for the Other weapons. This one has only the Key lock.
    I don't know, the Combination type seem fine, but having to open it in a hurry under pressure and in the dark also. You can probably say the same for the Key Pad type too. They do have the bells and whistles letting you know when the battery/s are almost due for changing and LED. That shouldn't bother you if You know your equipment anyway. Since I purchased a nice Toy last month I need to upgrade on Safety. I'm now looking at a Safe which has the Key Pad LED w/ key override. I'll still use the Cabinet for other things, but for more added safety, also because having Rugrats in the house I'm going to invest in what I feel is a much more safer and stronger unit........a safe.
    Rugrats= Kids (incase you didn't know)
    Oh, and apologies too the thread police if I posted in wrong area.
    I had just the safe you would be looking for but just sold it. If i had known you needed one i could have sold it to you cheap and trucked it up there. It was a Sentry 24 gun safe, Key pad with Key back up and works. Got it from WalMart a few years ago. It's fire and water proof for up to like 3 hours or so. It's a 1195 dollar safe if you buy it from them. Think i paid like 600 for it at WalMart.

Features:

* Electronic lock
    * 24 long gun maximum capacity
    * Electronic Lock with Lever Handle
    * Solid steel, pry-resistant door
    * 5 steel live-locking bolts/3 dead bolts
    * Concealed hinges
    * Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack
    * Carpeted interior
    * Adjustable shelf
    * 4 adjustable interior configurations
    * Flush floor for easy access
    * Floor compartment
    * Door back organizational hooks
    * Bungee organizational system
    * Color: Black/brass hardware

* Exterior Dimensions: 59"H x 25"W x 23 7/16"D
    * Exterior Dimensions (metric): 150.0cm H x 63.5cm W x 59.5cm D
    * Interior Dimensions: 57 7/8"H x 23 13/16"W x 18 1/16"D
    * Interior Dimensions (metric): 147.0cm H x 60.5cm W x 45.9cm D
    * Capacity: 14.4 cu. ft. na cu. in.
    * Capacity (metric): 408.2 cu. lit. na cu. cm
    * Ship Weight: 355 lb. 161 kg.

Model: GN8381

here is a list on online stores they sell it .

cabela's
    dunham's
    sports authority
    ****'s sporting goods
    fog dog
    modell's
    sport chalet
    mc sports
    jerry's sports center

I would look into it great safe keeps them safe from kids and people who should not be playing with the guns. As well as fire.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I have four Large gun safes and only one had a Key pad, the others are combo. I wanted to stay away from the Key pad type locks but after getting my last one I like it. Quicker access is one great advantage. Although I've wondered what would happen if someone rips the pad off. There are no hidden key access on the large safes.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I have four Large gun safes and only one had a Key pad, the others are combo. I wanted to stay away from the Key pad type locks but after getting my last one I like it. Quicker access is one great advantage. Although I've wondered what would happen if someone rips the pad off. There are no hidden key access on the large safes.
    Is on the one i showed you.

Take a look at the following. They are very educational:

YouTube - Security on Sale Gun safe Prying video

YouTube - UNSAFE GUN SAFE VAULT

GOT TO LOVE MARKETING. Kinda hard to flip the safe when it's dead bolted to the floor. No matter what kind of safe you buy there will always be some one who will be able to get into it. As for the second video that's funny as hell as i almost got one. In the end in went with a key lock safe for my handgun. Can you say lawsuit??
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 11-30-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    GOT TO LOVE MARKETING. Kinda hard to flip the safe when it's dead bolted to the floor. No matter what kind of safe you buy there will always be some one who will be able to get into it.
    Like the saying goes "locks and safes only keep the honest people honest". There was another video showing a team doing almost the same thing to a safe that was supposedly bolted to a beam. Couldn't locate it though. In most instances a good safe will, hopefully, make the BG look elsewhere.

True that is vary true. But if you have something they want and they want it bad enough they will get it. Nice videos thanks for showing them. The safes in the first video are like 5k and up lol i looked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Is on the one i showed you.
    The last one I bought was from Academy Sports. They don't show it on their site. It holds over 30 long guns and two shelves for handguns. It looks like I have to get another one now, it's over full!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

S&WM, You been hiding somewhere lately?
    I understand that this is a good invesment (Maybe not to some), and I'm sure a BG OR anyone else for the matter can actually open any type safe. As I said, for me this is much more safer than my existing cabinet. I'm not worried about the Key Pad being smashed off or whatever because I still have My Other firearms close by. Or for the matter, I'll be near the Safe before anyone has a chance to break it anyway. Hey, come on now.....it's better than not having anything.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast