What does your permit cover? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: What does your permit cover?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Whats wrong with that NH is the same way no training of any kind to get a permit. don't even have to be 21 to apply for and get a permit. I kinda like it as some people want there permit but do not have the few hundred dollars for the training class's. This allow's them to still get there permit and carry a gun with them. Most people who apply for a permit have some idea how to use the gun. They may not be james bond but most have some clue how to load and fire it. Now what about this Does your permit allow you to carry around a gun with a suppressor on it? Or what about the AR-15 pistols? It has pistol in the name so can you carry it? 30 round or 100 round drum mag of 5.56mm?
    Supressors are illegal in WA. WA is a horrible class III State.

    In most States if it meets with the statutory definition of a concealable firearm you can carry it. An AR and AK pistol would meet with the statutory definition of a semi-automatic firearm under NRS 202.3653 (5) so you would be legal if it was itemized on your NV CFP. However, the 30, 40 round magazines or drums would make the firearm less than concealable so while it would be legal, you'd have to wear a trench or over coat to conceal it; not really fashionable in 100+ degree heat.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Supressors are illegal in WA. WA is a horrible class III State.

    In most States if it meets with the statutory definition of a concealable firearm you can carry it. An AR and AK pistol would meet with the statutory definition of a semi-automatic firearm under NRS 202.3653 (5) so you would be legal if it was itemized on your NV CFP. However, the 30, 40 round magazines or drums would make the firearm less than concealable so while it would be legal, you'd have to wear a trench or over coat to conceal it; not really fashionable in 100+ degree heat.

    If you can find an appropriate holster for it, you could possibly throw it in a backpack or fanny bag. I could imagine how silly it would look in a fanny bag.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  4. #33
    The Connecticut permit says on the front:
    "Connecticut State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers"

    Both "pistols" and "revolvers" are plural. Other than that, all that is on the card are numbers, personal info, a list of pistol permit classifications, and the words "Safety first - Every gun is a loaded gun".

    :)

  5. #34
    Yes but i live in NH. It's never that Hot up here other then summer time for a few weeks out of the year. LOL keep a 50BMG in the car with a Mrk19 and maybe at4 lol j/k.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    You can openly carry as many as you want in NM. You can conceal as many as you want in your vehicle in NM as it is an extension of your home under NM law.
    I believe that it works the same way in Nevada. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home and you can carry concealed in your vehicle w/out a license.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, is a concealed a knife in a vehicle in California a felony, but a concealed firearm in a vehicle is a misdemeanor?

  7. What does your permit cover?

    It seems I once read a silly law which I believe has been repealed. That one state in the south prohibited carrying any wepon concealed if it was over six feet in length. I am disabled and walk with a cane. In Arizona, my Concealed Weapon Permit did not say one thing about firearms, just weapons, and i could carry a sword cane. There was some argument about carrying one without a permit, based on the shaft of the cane being a scabbard for the blade. If someone can take a castration knife and staple two pieces of cardboard and call it a scabbard, the shaft of a cane should be one, too. I cannot carry my sword cane in washington, apparently, so I throw my cane, draw and fire if it becomes necessary.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

  8. #37
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    It seems I once read a silly law which I believe has been repealed. That one state in the south prohibited carrying any wepon concealed if it was over six feet in length. I am disabled and walk with a cane. In Arizona, my Concealed Weapon Permit did not say one thing about firearms, just weapons, and i could carry a sword cane. There was some argument about carrying one without a permit, based on the shaft of the cane being a scabbard for the blade. If someone can take a castration knife and staple two pieces of cardboard and call it a scabbard, the shaft of a cane should be one, too. I cannot carry my sword cane in washington, apparently, so I throw my cane, draw and fire if it becomes necessary.
    I don't care what state you're in. If you can properly carry a 6 foot long weapon concealed, I'll let you.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If you can find an appropriate holster for it, you could possibly throw it in a backpack or fanny bag. I could imagine how silly it would look in a fanny bag.
    I can picture it now, is that a 100 round drum or are you happy to see me?
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853

    BZZT! Thank you for playing!

    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I believe that it works the same way in Nevada. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home and you can carry concealed in your vehicle w/out a license.
    Nope. See NV AG Opinion 93-14; CCW on or about your person in a vehicle is a category C felony per NRS 202.350 with a 1 to 5 year taxpayer expense paid accomodations in courtesy of the Nevada Department of Corrections. If it is concealed in your vehicle, it needs to be concealed in the vehicle or a container within the vehicle, not on or about your person.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, is a concealed a knife in a vehicle in California a felony, but a concealed firearm in a vehicle is a misdemeanor?
    It appears under the CA PC to be a misdemeanor. However the CA PC reads worse than the IRS code. Best way to deal with CA's stupid laws is don't go there.
    Last edited by LVLouisCyphre; 12-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast