What does your permit cover?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your permit cover?

Question What does your permit cover?

Well i was watching a youtube video about Concealed carry. long story short people got to talking about state laws and that in some states your permit only covers one gun and not a BUG. Is this true? How would you know if your state lets you carry a bug with your permit? I do not recall reading any thing about it in my state laws? Any feedback? Not that i carry a bug but it's still good info to know.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Well i was watching a youtube video about Concealed carry. long story short people got to talking about state laws and that in some states your permit only covers one gun and not a BUG. Is this true? How would you know if your state lets you carry a bug with your permit? I do not recall reading any thing about it in my state laws? Any feedback? Not that i carry a bug but it's still good info to know.
    Only state I can think of off hand is NM. Check out the state info sites here on USACarry.com, there's a lot of info there. I usually check if my permits will be good in the states I'm traveling to a couple of days prior to traveling. If in doubt, I'll usually play it "safe", and either carry only my primary or not carry if the validity of my permits may be in question.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Yeah i know lol there is nothing on there about BUG's or carrying more then one gun with your permit lol.

5. bug

For the uninformed whats a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    BUG is an acronym meaning back up gun. Usually something smaller than your primary weapon, and usually carried in a pocket or ankle.

For the record, here in Indiana, I can carry as many handguns as I want, however I want, with my permit.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    BUG = Back Up Gun

There's a bunch of acronyms translated in the "Resources" area.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

In Washington State, the "State of Washington License to carry Concealed pistol" states on the back,
    "The person described hereon is licensed to carry concealed pistols as described by law until the expiration date shown above".

If you will notice the word "PISTOLS" which is plural,is used,on the back of license.
    Which means back up guns are legal.

Steve....
    Si vis pacem,Parabellum

It's the same here in SC. You can carry as many as you want as long as it's under 12" in length.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

In New Mexico you can only legally carry one handgun at a time.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    In Washington State, the "State of Washington License to carry Concealed pistol" states on the back,
    "The person described hereon is licensed to carry concealed pistols as described by law until the expiration date shown above".

If you will notice the word "PISTOLS" which is plural,is used,on the back of license.
    Which means back up guns are legal.

Steve....
    Si vis pacem,Parabellum
    That may be so in your state and I'm happy for you. But looks like NM can only carry "ONE". Some states do not give permits that look like DL's ( that's driver license's) that are hard plastic and have information about what you can and can not do on the permit it's self. For NH residents we get a piece of paper that state's " Issue date, Ex date, eye color, hair color, full name, weight,height,issued by, My John Hancock,police chefs John Hancock. Oh and my address and that's all i get for four years. No hard plastic no photo on it. Can call the police station but you know they are going to make **** up as they do not want you to have more then one gun on you. They hate the fact that you have one. So that's why i ask. IT"S NOT THE SAME IN EVERY STATE!!!!!

Nice quote "if you want peace prepare for war"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast