I've come across this...need advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've come across this...need advice

After perusing Gunbroker it appears to be a decent deal. You may want to take a look at Gunbroker yourself and compare. All AR-15's have gone up in price in light of recent election events. Looks like my Bushmaster has doubled in price.

For present market conditions, it's a reasonable price.

I paid $908 shipped for my S&W M&P15R that I haven't taken possession yet. I could easily turn around and sell it unfired for at least $1300.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Given the current market conditions, I'd say it's a worthwhile deal. I have a RRA Entry Tac that I paid $900 for when they weren't hard to find. If I were shopping right now, I'd give a couple hundred more for it.
    Last edited by DarrellM5; 12-04-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by gun runner View Post
    I am a Rock River dealer the price is high but people are paying that price now. It normaly cost less then a thousand for what the picture shows. I have AR's from Rock River on back order and I don't plan to see them for several months. None of my whole salers have any AR stuff.
    Rock River is good stuff. I also buy there parts and build my own. No parts on the market now either. If you want a AR buy it some one else will.
    Thanks for the input....even if the price is a little high, the rifle has a "unique quality". IT'S AVAILABLE!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

AVAILABLE is the key word, for sure. I'm trying to find a 6.8 SPC upper for my AR. I'd even settle for the complete rifle. The problem is there aren't many of them out there and the one's that I've found are way overpriced. Some people are asking more for the upper than I would have paid for the entire rifle a month ago.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Unfortunately available is a key factor. AR-15s in 5.45x39mm and AR-57s are flying off the shelves too. Demand has caused anything that may be on the pending AWB to go up. We can't say it's gouging because of our economic system being based on supply and demand. Marketplace has dictated that the price of ARs and AKs go up.

If it's within your means, by all means buy it. It will only go up until Obama & Co have been stopped by the voters or the SCOTUS with respect to further erosion of our RKBA.
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

8. If you want a black rifle(which you should) you should buy it. Not a steal, but seems fair enough.

9. That is the prices I have been seeing also. I still love my Colt Ar but if you like it, then buy it. I have been looking at their .458 but it is at least a 16+ week wait. It is what it is, if you like it, buy it. Dave

The guy sold it already...back to square one for ol' Pascal.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Just checked gunbroker.com. S&W M&P15OR is going for over $1400. Before the election they were below $800. It may be time to start looking for lowers and buying rifle kits sans the lower. If you can wait or get on a back order list at a reasonable price that may be a viable option.

I'm not looking forward to ordering a 5.56mm upper for my M&P15R. It appears Internet mail order upper prices have not gone up if you're willing to wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast