I've come across this...need advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've come across this...need advice

I've come across this...need advice

Apparently, this guy is selling a Rock River AR-15.....here's his description. Could some of you "black gun" guys help me out on if this is a good deal or not? Sorry for the guy's poor grammar.

its a TASC,A2,16in barrel,6pos.stock,mamba sling,yhm 4 rail free float handrail with a vertical grip. been shot 200 times clean after every trip.it has the blue rock river case but dosen't fit in it any more due to up grades. very nice black rife.i have about $1400.00 in it.itake $1200.00 +ffl fee cash frim no trades.

Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Apparently, this guy is selling a Rock River AR-15.....here's his description. Could some of you "black gun" guys help me out on if this is a good deal or not? Sorry for the guy's poor grammar.

its a TASC,A2,16in barrel,6pos.stock,mamba sling,yhm 4 rail free float handrail with a vertical grip. been shot 200 times clean after every trip.it has the blue rock river case but dosen't fit in it any more due to up grades. very nice black rife.i have about $1400.00 in it.itake $1200.00 +ffl fee cash frim no trades.

If you're willing to pay the price, and you're in dire need of an AR-15, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, if you look hard enough, you'll probably be able to find a better deal through the various online venues and auctions. Personally, I'd pay no more than $1,000 for that rifle.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

With the price of AR's going up every day and the lack of availability that may be a good price. Impact Guns has it for under $1,000 but like everyone else they are "out of stock". Personally I'm with Glock Fan. Being a used AR and a "plain Jane" I wouldn't want to go much over $1,000 but If I needed/wanted it bad enough I'd offer him $1,000 and see if I could get him to come down on the price. Maybe he would split the difference and settle for $1,100. It all depends on what you are willing to pay.
    Last edited by Red Hat; 12-02-2008 at 09:19 AM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If you're willing to pay the price, and you're in dire need of an AR-15, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, if you look hard enough, you'll probably be able to find a better deal through the various online venues and auctions. Personally, I'd pay no more than $1,000 for that rifle.

gf

Even with the 4-rail forend & vertical grip?

Aren't Rock River AR's a little pricier than say a DPMS?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I did a cruise on Gunbroker, and I didn't find ANY RRA AR's for under $1350.....I think with the costs climbing up as BHO's inaguration approaches, this seems like a decent deal. I was prepared to pay closer to $2000 for a Sig 556, but I think that's just the gearhead in me.

Sonds like an ok price. I believe they retail new for around $1200-$1300. The YHM railed frond grip I've seen from $90 to $150. The vertical grip probably betweem $30 and $60. The sling I have no idea. Your basically paying for the gun and getting the upgrades for free. So not a great price but I don't think you're getting ripped off either.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Especially in this day and age....unfortunately, he'll only do an FFL. No face-to-face. I guess that's good to make sure that neither one of us is getting ripped off, but I'd sure like to make a purchase like this (in this day & age) OFF THE BOOKS.

Any suggestions on how to go about covering my ass in this situation? He's a fellow member of another forum, so I don't know the guy. He's about a 3 hour drive from me, so it's not like I can personally verify everything. I think that I'd like to offer buying directly from the licensed FFL, as opposed to directly sending him a check.

You may arrange to meet him at the FFL's place--call around and find one willing to do the deal. Maybe look for a smaller place that's not going with the electronic 4473's yet. Then your info will just be in their files and not electronically accessible to BATF. I think to keep the FFL records straight they will transfer the gun into their inventory and then transfer it out to you and may charge you a "transfer fee" in addition to the background check fee for their part in the deal. Make some calls, or if you have a favorite dealer maybe you could get the seller to come to you or at least part way.

I've got someone here locally that'll do the FFL, but I'm across the state and can't physically be there for the transfer. I think I'll ask for HIS FFL dealer's license, so at least I'll have some recourse in case things go awry.

I am a Rock River dealer the price is high but people are paying that price now. It normaly cost less then a thousand for what the picture shows. I have AR's from Rock River on back order and I don't plan to see them for several months. None of my whole salers have any AR stuff.
    Rock River is good stuff. I also buy there parts and build my own. No parts on the market now either. If you want a AR buy it some one else will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast