Do you think your Information should be Public record? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think your Information should be Public record?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Absolutly not ! Just what I need, have people know who I am; that I Carry; Dangerous (?); Maybe also have weapons in My house....... You don't see My face plastered everywhere on the internet for everyone to see. Now they have a face to go with that info.! FONT]
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

public Record

I had a fight with a newspaper editor here in Oregon over such a subject. He won in court for the records and it is now under apeal. This is what I told the editor. I paid for my permit and I paid for my classes and I paid for my firearm. What part of that is public. If the state gave any of this to me I could see how public information would apply. But nothing about my CHL was paid for by the public. The editor of that news paper didn't agree. So I guess his paper was realy ment to wrap fish in. Not read
    The OFF is fighting to get this changed and I know of one county that sent out letters to CHL holders asking if they care one way or the other. Me I don't care who knows I carry, I do care that it should be my choice who knows.
    Last edited by gun runner; 12-02-2008 at 09:56 PM.

I'm not saying that I agree with the publishing of private information, but on the flip side, if a criminal is searching for homes to burgle, when he sees that you are packing, he may decide to skip your house.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    I'm not saying that I agree with the publishing of private information, but on the flip side, if a criminal is searching for homes to burgle, when he sees that you are packing, he may decide to skip your house.
    Or he may come in expecting to find a gun to sell or use.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Absolutely no flippin' way do I want my info published. If it ever comes down to that, I'll find my own Ruby Ridge...

SC passed a law in April 2008 that hides the identity of all CWP holders. The only exception is LE and Court Orders. That's the way it should be everywhere. Local News: State passes law hiding the identity of South Carolina's more than 61,300 concealed-weapons permit holders - Charleston.net
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The shoe might be on the other foot if we asked for a public database of women who had gotten abortions.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    SC passed a law in April 2008 that hides the identity of all CWP holders. The only exception is LE and Court Orders. That's the way it should be everywhere. Local News: State passes law hiding the identity of South Carolina's more than 61,300 concealed-weapons permit holders - Charleston.net
    I'd prefer "LE with a court order". Glad to see that they're protecting the rights of CWP holders.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    Or he may just decide to level the playing field and bring his buddies and more firepower. If they really want your house bad, they will come. The element of surprise is our ally, not the weapon itself. Yes having the weapon helps us out a great deal, but it is the BG's lack of knowledge that we indeed have a firearm that gives us the upper hand. If they are expecting us to lie down like sheep and give them what they want, and we resist with a firearm, the odds are in our favor. If they come in expecting us to be armed, I don't feel the odds are as good. This is just my opinion.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Canis-Lupus
    Thanks for the update. I went back and put it in with the USA carry and it came up. I guess it is all in knowing how to word it. Every day is a school day for me when it comes to computers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast