The Mind Blowing True Story of One of America’s Greatest Snipers

Thread: The Mind Blowing True Story of One of America’s Greatest Snipers

He may be the most famous sniper of all time, but American Sniper Chris Kyle didn’t believe he was the best of all time. As Kyle told Conan O’Brien, there’s one Vietnam era sniper who stands out as “the best”.

“Our optics and such are so much more advanced than even the guys in Vietnam. You’ve got Carlos Hathcock, who I think is the greatest sniper of all time. I have more kills than he does, that doesn’t mean I’m better than he is,” said Kyle. “I was just put in a position where I had more opportunities.”

Just how badass was Carlos Hathcock? We’ll let the guys from Sgt. Grit explain:

Read More: The Mind Blowing True Story of One of America’s Greatest Snipers | Tribunist
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

No doubt Hathcock was a true badass, but almost no one knows about Army Sergeant Adelbert Waldron who had 109 confirmed kills in Viet Nam, 6 more than Hathcock. Hathcock got all the glory as the greatest because for so many years some of Waldron's kills were classified and couldn't be publicly counted.
    They are all heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by RossA View Post
    No doubt Hathcock was a true badass, but almost no one knows about Army Sergeant Adelbert Waldron who had 109 confirmed kills in Viet Nam, 6 more than Hathcock. Hathcock got all the glory as the greatest because for so many years some of Waldron's kills were classified and couldn't be publicly counted.
    They are all heroes.
    Ditto that. They are all heroes!!!
    A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.
    ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.