Palm Pistol

Thread: Palm Pistol

Palm Pistol

Saw this on a news article and had to check it out. Has anyone used this or seen it before? What are your thoughts? Link below

The Palm Pistol

Looks more like a "suicide gun" than anything else. If their intention was truly SD, they would have built a gun that shoots more than 1 round. In case they didnt' realize it, when in a SD situation, it often takes more than 1 round to stop a threat, especially when firing 9mm. I'm sure this thing doesn't reload very quick either. OTOH, think about how many times someone serious about suicide "misses". I've never seen a suicide where more than one round was fired. Something to think about.

This is an attempt to sell guns to folks wanting a DIY suicide kit. If these guns become a preferred suicide method, I'm sure the "anti" element will be using against the pro 2A people like us.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I wouldn't get one myself, particularly at that price.

But, it does have a niche application. Very old, bedridden or severely handicapped people may find it useful as an absolute last resort. It seems to be meant for people who can't pull a trigger.

If a thug breaks in, kills their caretaker, and is approaching their bed...well, it's the Palm Pistol or nothing. At the very least, a serious wound might send them running.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics