Gun Sales Rise 30 - 40 Percent in recent weeks... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Sales Rise 30 - 40 Percent in recent weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Thanks, Toreskha. You gave hubby and I our giggles for the night! Your statements just go to show how silly the media can be with their "wording." Their use of "assault weapon" is as" bogus-ly descriptive" as their use of the phrase, "home invasion robbery." I'd really like to see where the phrase, "home invasion robbery" rather than "burglary" or "robbery" is written in any of the codes of the 50 states or holdings! Maybe it's just their newest "catch phrase" of the decade.
    You're welcome.

"Home invasion" robbery might be to differentiate it from a robbery on the street or somewhere not at home. Then again, it does seem like an odd phrase. It's not like they can rob your home from the street.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    You're welcome.

"Home invasion" robbery might be to differentiate it from a robbery on the street or somewhere not at home. Then again, it does seem like an odd phrase. It's not like they can rob your home from the street.
    Not exactly. Robbery is when something is taken from a person's person or body, no dwelling involved. Burglary is a theft from a dwelling or abode or building of some sort, even a RR box car. At least that's the way it reads in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am sure there is a lot of panic buying right now. The gun show I went to a couple weeks back was packed. I guess the potential threat to our freedoms, especially the right to keep and bear arms, that the new administration poses has motivated a lot of people.
    One thing I agree with you on, HK. Unlike all the other stuff we've disagreed on, there is an actual verifiable paper trail of his voting record with regard to gun rights, and I gotta tell you, it doesn't look good from where I stand.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I agree with the article... I have been to several gun stores in my area except for the brand new Bass Pro Shops center they just put up about 7 miles from me I am going to stop by there on the way home from work today... I hear it is really nice and that they have a huge selection of firearms!!

Anyway, the gun shops in my area are having trouble keeping up as well. There is a waiting list for AR's and AK's at most of them! I have shopped for ammo and was able to acquire some .40 defensive ammo but am waiting for some 10mm auto that has been back ordered. And I thought 10mm wasn't a popular cartridge???

I sold my XD40 to a co-worker and bought the new XDM40. I also bought a Sig 556 SWAT. I'm currently looking for a 6.8 SPC upper or complete AR15 and an AK47. And that's just me.

My brother bought his first AR15.

4 of my friends are in the process of purchasing guns and getting their CCW's.

I've been trying to find 30 round magazines and bulk ammo online, but I'm not having much luck. The good stuff that's actually affordable is gone.

I've heard stories of gun show vendors that are canceling the last 2 or 3 shows of the year. The reason, they don't have anything left to sell and they don't know when they will be able to re-stock.

It's really crazy right now.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I sold my XD40 to a co-worker and bought the new XDM40. I also bought a Sig 556 SWAT. I'm currently looking for a 6.8 SPC upper or complete AR15 and an AK47. And that's just me.

My brother bought his first AR15.

4 of my friends are in the process of purchasing guns and getting their CCW's.

I've been trying to find 30 round magazines and bulk ammo online, but I'm not having much luck. The good stuff that's actually affordable is gone.

I've heard stories of gun show vendors that are canceling the last 2 or 3 shows of the year. The reason, they don't have anything left to sell and they don't know when they will be able to re-stock.

It's really crazy right now.
    You are lucky. Wish I could afford the Sig 556. From all that I have read it is a great rifle.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

there is definately something in the air since obama has become the president elect. I for one am not too excited to wait and see what he tries to do with our 2A rights due to the knowledge of his voting record on.... well against guns.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12