I agree 100%...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree 100%...

I agree 100%...

I found this article online @ Useless gun ban - Salt Lake Tribune "The Salt Lake Tribune", what it said here is so obvious it makes you wonder what some of these law makers are thinking...

"Useless gun ban
    Public Forum Letter

Updated: 12/11/2008 07:52:13 AM MST

I was dismayed by the editorial "Assault weapons: Renew a federal ban" (Our View, Nov. 10). I'm not a gun owner, yet it disturbs me to see the media throw responsible gun owners in the same group as deranged killers. The Second Amendment was written to ensure that Americans could protect themselves from criminals, foreign invaders and our own government.

Banning the sale of assault rifles won't prevent criminals from killing large numbers of people; they can simply use different firearms, get assault rifles through illegal channels or use different weapons altogether, like bombs or even SUVs. Gun laws only punish law-abiding citizens because criminals ignore laws.

Lastly, military and police officials are not unique in their ability to use firearms; anyone can learn to handle them properly. We should be thankful for those responsible citizens who learn to use firearms; they are an asset to our free society.

Our legislators should spend their time protecting the rights of the law-abiding instead of trying to exercise control over them.

Brandon Forsyth

Salt Lake City"

He may not be a gun owner, but he qualifies since he has the ability to reason.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

He is of course right on.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. I agree 100%

All I can say to this well-written, thoughtful piece is: Amen.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

6. I to think it is a very good read thanks for posting. Brother
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

It makes my day any time I see citizens stand up to those who would deprive them of their rights, even if it's the press or the government. Very well-written and concise.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Very nice. I am quite impressed that a non gun owner wrote this. Thanks
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

amen to that
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Not bad of a write up from a non-gun kind of person.
    (do I see another Brother on here?)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

good post. at least one nongunowner has some common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast