How much extra ammo, if any, do you carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much extra ammo, if any, do you carry?

I carry a Beretta 9000s .40 S&W. It's a 10 + 1, and I carry an extra 10 round magazine on my left hip.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

As many as I can fit in my Safepacker.

Since I'm in winter carry mode now I'm carrying my P-12.45. I have 12 + 1 in the pistol. I have a pair of spare 12 rounders and a 14 round P-14 magazine which gives me 51 rounds of .45 ACP. I purchased the one P-14 magazine to see if it would fit in my P-12 which it does with a portion of the magazine below the grip.

I always have at least one spare magazine on me if I'm carrying a semi-auto pistol. At least a pair of Speedstrips or speed loaders if I'm carrying a .357 magnum revolver. Speedloaders if I'm carrying my .44 magnum as Bianchi unfortunately never produced .44 magnum Speedstrips.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Usually 13 +1 in my G23....sometimes I will take an extra mag for 26 +1.

When I am "working" I'll have 45 +1....sometimes more.

Always 2 extra mags for me, and sometimes a backup gun with only 1 mag.

This works out to:

Sig 229R .40 S&W = 37 rounds
    SA XDM40 = 49 rounds
    Taurus PT1911 = 25 rounds

The BUG is a Kahr CW9, which holds 7+1

I've never heard of any gun fight survivor who said " I wish I had brought less ammo ".
    The same goes for caliber.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I've never heard of any gun fight survivor who said " I wish I had brought less ammo ".
    LOL, I like that statement.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

7. I will say this as I am a Trained & Licensed Armed Security Officer in California and when I got my training I was told by a retired LEO who was my instructor that if you are in a shooting that was justifable, and you are hooked up by a responding LEO that you were in fear of your life or the life of another and that for the most part you would be cleared of anything. Unfortunately I have not had to put that into practice and I hope to never have to. But that should give you an idea of what you should carry as far as your ammo.

As for me, I say......

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to get an answer on is what I should say to an LEO who wants to give me a hard time in case I do decide to carry extra ammo.
    .... and here is my conceal carry permit, officer".

If you ever have the misfortune of being in an incident, never never never never say a word to the police. NEVER! Just wait until you are with the counsel of your choice. I have included a link below to a very entertaining and informative video by a current law professor and his associate, a former law enforcement officer turned law student. Do not let the length scare you off (about 48 minutes). Do yourself a REAL favor and watch the thing. At the very least watch the first 27 minutes, which is the professor's presentation. IMHO, this video should be watched by every CCW holder that I know.

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

Last edited by lukem; 12-14-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Great video! Thanks for the link.

The video itself seems to be broken, but you can go here:

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

CLICK ON THE TITLE, not the video itself.
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

Spare ammo

I have dual mag pouches for all of my handguns and carry two speed strips when I carry my S&W 340PD. Most PD's require their officers to carry multiple reloads. Why can't the armed citizen also be equally protected? You are not required to talk to the police, no matter what they ask for. Hand them your CCW permit and ID, let them read you your rights and use your dime to call your attorney.

Surfcc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12