Funeral in Oregon turns nasty

Thread: Funeral in Oregon turns nasty

Exclamation Funeral in Oregon turns nasty

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.
    Gunfire Erupts at Oregon Funeral, Injuring 1

Saturday, December 13, 2008

PORTLAND, Oregon Gunfire erupted during a funeral service at a church in Portland, Oregon, on Friday, gravely wounding a 31-year-old man with a history of gang activity and sending mourners fleeing.

Sgt. Brian Schmautz of the Portland police said the wounded man, Darshawn Lavone Cross, had a criminal history of gang-related activity.

Although the neighborhood on the northern side of the city has been gentrifying in recent years, it has in the past been the scene of gang activity.

Schmautz said the shooter was still on the loose.

The shooting happened shortly after noon at the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, where a funeral was being held for an elderly woman, Schmautz said. He said he did not know of any connections or relationship among her, the victim and the shooter.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

People can't even die with out someone getting killed anymore.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    People can't even die with out someone getting killed anymore.
    Wow what is with people? Kind of shows that we are safe no where.... We should be able to carry everywhere...things can happen anywhere

Sounds like an IRA funeral.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Turn 'em loose and let them kill each other. There will be a lot less BG's on the street.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Wow what is with people? Kind of shows that we are safe no where.... We should be able to carry everywhere...things can happen anywhere
    +1 to that... people are retarded now days.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Its hard for me to get upset when a punk kills a punk.

And remember what CRIPS stands for: Cowards Run In PackS
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Its hard for me to get upset when a punk kills a punk.

And remember what CRIPS stands for: Cowards Run In PackS
    The bad part is that most of them are such bad shots and have no regard for anyone else that often inocent people get hurt or killed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I can think of one good way to get rid of the gang problem.......... treat them all as enemy combatants and declare open season on them all. It sounds kinda crazy until you think about it, they have already declared war on us. Gangs are just another version of terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.

I wonder if it would be "cool" then.
    Last edited by Austin; 12-15-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    -Austin

Unfortunately, gangbangers don't care where they are or who might be around many times when they participate in criminal activity. My guess is that he felt someone "disrespected" him; after all, in most ghettos, respect (or lack thereof) is something to kill for.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin