Guy with no CWP drops gun, shoots bystander - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy with no CWP drops gun, shoots bystander

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    being sarcastic?.......why yes, yes I was
    Ok, now I get it. Sorry, my sarc-dar seems to have been switched off.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Our last district attorney here in Curry county dropped a pistol on the floor, when it went off it shot his secretary ( minor flesh wound in her leg ) Then two weeks later dropped it in court, in front of the grand jury. I believe that the law suite with the secretary is still ongoing. He is now in private practice!

4. Oops

HELLUVA SHOT

5. Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    As with most other firearms, they're perfectly safe *if* people avoid pulling the trigger if they intend to shoot, and avoid dropping the gun itself, particularly when it doesn't have a trigger guard. A good holster will retain the weapon and facilitate a clean draw.

No firearm should be carried in anything not meant to carry a firearm. Doing so is asking for trouble.
    This guy is a real "Brady" supporter.

6. ...if this is in the springfield part of jville i'm surprised the old lady didn't shoot back. somebody carrying illegaly in that part of town, with a .25?

So can these Derringers go off if the hammer is smacked hard enough, or could this guy have possibly been carrying it cocked?
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    So can these Derringers go off if the hammer is smacked hard enough, or could this guy have possibly been carrying it cocked?
    I'm thinking that the gun was cocked. It's a typical case of "mall ninja" with a gun.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12