I wish I had this kind of firepower

Thread: I wish I had this kind of firepower

I wish I had this kind of firepower

I'm not trying to make light of this story. I'm glad that this plot was found out before it happened. My biggest concern is the lack of the media to report the correct facts. I've never heard of a 45mm or a 22mm.

From the Philadelphia news leader: Alleged plot foiled at Pottstown H.S. - 12/09/08 - Philadelphia News - 6abc.com

NORRISTOWN, Pa. - December 9, 2008 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County high school student is being charged with attempted murder.
    The teen has been identified as 15-year-old Richard Yanis of Feist Avenue in Pottstown. Authorities claim Yanis was planning a shooting spree at Pottstown High School.
    Investigators say the 15-year-old had three guns - a 45mm, a 22mm, and a 357 magnum with 300 rounds of ammunition.

snip...

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    I'm not trying to make light of this story. I'm glad that this plot was found out before it happened. My biggest concern is the lack of the media to report the correct facts. I've never heard of a 45mm or a 22mm.

From the Philadelphia news leader: Alleged plot foiled at Pottstown H.S. - 12/09/08 - Philadelphia News - 6abc.com

NORRISTOWN, Pa. - December 9, 2008 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County high school student is being charged with attempted murder.
    The teen has been identified as 15-year-old Richard Yanis of Feist Avenue in Pottstown. Authorities claim Yanis was planning a shooting spree at Pottstown High School.
    Investigators say the 15-year-old had three guns - a 45mm, a 22mm, and a 357 magnum with 300 rounds of ammunition.
    snip...

45mm = 1.77 inches
    22mm = 0.866 inches
    Would these guns have any knock down power?

Typical shoddy workmanship of the media. It makes you wonder how much other information they report is accurate.
    I married my wife for her looks; just not the ones she gives me when I bring home a new gun.

Knockdown power PLUS!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    45mm = 1.77 inches
    22mm = 0.866 inches
    Would these guns have any knock down power?
    Usually when millimeters are referenced, it is the size of the AMMUNITION that the gun fires. Based on that, your numbers are FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Usually when millimeters are referenced, it is the size of the AMMUNITION that the gun fires. Based on that, your numbers are FUN!
    So if they're referring to .45 cal and .22 cal as 45 mm and 22mm, does that mean they'd refer to the 9mm as the 9 caliber and the 10mm as the 10 caliber?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

They're probably talking about Russian or Chinese ammunition. Take a look at the following:

5.56mm (5.56 x 45 mm) Ammunition

Hussar 35005 45mm Rusian Ammo Brass with Decals - eBay (item 200243715784 end time Dec-30-08 10:02:19 PST)

The 22 mm ammo is probably actually a 5.56 variant:

Nammo AS - 5.56mm (.22 Cal)

boyzoi Guest
    If you watch the video on the link given you will see that they are talking about a .45 a .22 and a .357 M.
    looking at the guns in the video I'm pretty sure were not talking about anything exotic here.
    This kid had a nice looking .45 (acp?) a decent looking 22 revolver and the .357 simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    If you watch the video on the link given you will see that they are talking about a .45 a .22 and a .357 M.
    looking at the guns in the video I'm pretty sure were not talking about anything exotic here.
    This kid had a nice looking .45 (acp?) a decent looking 22 revolver and the .357 simple as that.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get this particular video to play. Just a guess.