Standardizing on Calibres
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standardizing on Calibres

Standardizing on Calibres

I've given thought to standardizing the calibres that I use, instead of buying one of each calibre, and ending up with all different types of ammo.

Do you guys standardize, or are you ammo omnivores? If you've standardized, what did you decide on, and why?
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

I'll collect anything

I have a wide variety of calibers but it seems the last few purchases have been .45, future purchases will probably be determined the deal and the bling factor--just can't say no to the pretty ones.

Many years ago, I was standardized on the .45ACP and 5.56x45mm.

But as time went by and firearms got sold/bought, it's no longer standardized and is now all over the place in terms of caliber.

.45, .40, .38, .380
    12ga, .223, .22
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I have standardized on 9mm and 45 ACP in my autos. Between them, and if you select your defensive ammo carefully, they can handle most personal defense situations. For my revolvers, 38 Special /357 Magnum and 44 Magnum. Again, they can handle most personal defense situations as well as defense against four legged predators where I live.

Rifle, pretty much 5.56mm/.223. Reason for my selection is that .45 ACP and 9mm are readily available anywhere as well as 38 Special and 357 Magnum. This also applies to 5.56mm, well it used to anyway. 5.56mm Mil Spec ammo is almost impossible to get nowadays and if you can find it, its expensive.

Another reason I have kept my calibers to a few, helps keep the reloading components I have to stock to a minimum

I to am into standardizing. I just can't.

I like to buy different calibers. It seems to be a good excuse to but a new gun. Like I don't have a 357 sig. I really need to get one of those. :)
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

9. Oh ya I've standardized on .45, .40, .357 Mag, 9mm and .32.

And .38 Special (Don't know how I forgot my 1953 Colt Official Police with Original Receipt for $75.00)
    Last edited by xd40c; 10-21-2007 at 07:52 PM.

.357 Magnum, .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, .22 LR, 20 ga., .410 ga., .30-30 Winchester and .30-06 Springfield. Those calibers feed one .357 Magnum revolver, two .45 ACP semi-auto pistols, one 9mm Luger semi-auto pistol, one .22 LR semi-auto pistol and two .22 LR rifles, one 20 ga. shotgun, two .410 ga. shotguns, two .30-30 Winchester rifles and one .30-06 Springfield rifle.

11. tell billery what you got

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast