Carry Permit Background ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Carry Permit Background ?

  1. #11
    Thanks for the replys. I've got the application filled out. I'm off work on Monday so I'll take it down and see what happens.

    Thanks again

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Thanks for the replys. I've got the application filled out. I'm off work on Monday so I'll take it down and see what happens.

    Thanks again
    No problem. It will take 2 to 3 days for approval once you turn in your application. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

  4. #13
    Dropped off the application this morning. Now the waiting begins, they told me it would take about a month to process.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Dropped off the application this morning. Now the waiting begins, they told me it would take about a month to process.
    Good night!!! Your county must be seriously back logged if they told you a month! Either that or they are lying. What county are you in? I'm in St. Clair. My wife got hers about a year ago. She turned hers in and then called a couple of days later and they said it had been approved!

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Good night!!! Your county must be seriously back logged if they told you a month! Either that or they are lying. What county are you in? I'm in St. Clair. My wife got hers about a year ago. She turned hers in and then called a couple of days later and they said it had been approved!
    I'm in Madison County. Maybe that's the max and it's possible it will be sooner. I would bet I don't hear anything until at least the first of the year.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Good night!!! Your county must be seriously back logged if they told you a month! Either that or they are lying. What county are you in? I'm in St. Clair. My wife got hers about a year ago. She turned hers in and then called a couple of days later and they said it had been approved!
    Oh how I wish it was only a month! LOL

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Thanks for the replys. I've got the application filled out. I'm off work on Monday so I'll take it down and see what happens.

    Thanks again
    So you didn't even try to see if you did have a warrant and if having one would adversely affect the application process? Kinda risky, isn't it?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    So you didn't even try to see if you did have a warrant and if having one would adversely affect the application process? Kinda risky, isn't it?
    Now you've got me worried. If something DID come up I was going to play dumb and then take care of it. Why have them digging looking for something if they don't have to.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Now you've got me worried. If something DID come up I was going to play dumb and then take care of it. Why have them digging looking for something if they don't have to.
    Well mostly because if they find something and you didnt disclose they could deny.

    Our CWP instructor told us to list anything that might come up. If it doesnt but you disclosed anyway, they at least know you're honest.

    My SO had a charge several years ago that would have been a felony if convicted. No voting etc... Adjudication withheld. 3 years of probation served. It was 19 years ago and she hasnt even had a speeding ticket since. So she disclosed in case it came up and it probably will but since she was honest...

    Ahhhh we all do stupid stuff when we're kids dont we LOL

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Now you've got me worried. If something DID come up I was going to play dumb and then take care of it. Why have them digging looking for something if they don't have to.
    Don't sweat it. If you were not convicted of a felony on the DUI charge, then no worries.... Besides, your license would have been suspended first for missing a "class". That would be your first indication that something was wrong. I think you will be fine.... You're probably right, you probably won't know anything until after the holidays. I would call them the week following New Year's and check on the status. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast