Carry Permit Background ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry Permit Background ?

Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Now you've got me worried. If something DID come up I was going to play dumb and then take care of it. Why have them digging looking for something if they don't have to.
    You should be. Come on, technically you don't even know if you have a warrant. I'd say that's reason to worry. That's why I believe you should have checked into it before applying for the permit, in case it did come up, so that it could get taken care of beforehand.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I did disclose that I had the DUI arrest, just not that I had missed a class.

I did disclose that I had the DUI arrest, just not that I had missed a class.
    The fact remains, thought, that you don't know if you have a warrant for it. You should have looked into that beforehand.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

5. obeying traffic laws

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I mean if you cant even follow simple traffic laws then why should you be given a permit to carry a weapon? traffic laws are one of the most basic and simple laws to follow.
    C'mon, what kind of hypocrisy is it? everybody drives above speed limit to certain extent, don't you? Of course there is always some extreme but i am talking about average driver.And btw police cars are the worst, driving like king of the road - never seen police car changing lanes or turning with turning signals on.

Just to chime in here, I think that if you had a warrant they would have arrested you at the highway deparment renewing your license. If your license are not suspended, I don't think they are looking for you. And since you disclosed the DUI I don't think you have anything to fear. As was said, if there was a problem with you missing a class, I doubt you could have renewed your DL.

I called to check on my permit again today and they finally got most of the applications from December done. I was approved without any problems. I went by the sherrifs office on the way home and picked up my permit.

wolfhunter Guest
    Good to hear, and enjoy exercising your right.

I called to check on my permit again today and they finally got most of the applications from December done. I was approved without any problems. I went by the sherrifs office on the way home and picked up my permit.
    Congrats!! Thats awesome news! Have fun and be safe!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Congrats Cruz!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123