Nevada CCW Is Honored In Arizona, Yet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nevada CCW Is Honored In Arizona, Yet

Question Nevada CCW Is Honored In Arizona, Yet

... I'm wondering, are there any instructors here for both Nevada and Arizona who might be able to answer my questions:

1.) Are there any general or specific restrictions in Arizona that we should be aware of before we cross the state line from Nevada to Arizona in our motor home, such as the old laws that Nevada used to have with some cities, or other restrictions or specifically where cc is not allowed?

I must not be entering the correct search terms because I've searched endlessly here on this site and online and I cannot find anything. I hope that because I cannot find anything that it means that there aren't any, but I'm not going to assume that! Maybe some one knows of a site that is better, more current, than concealedcarry.net. Their info isn't up to date.

2.) I'm also wondering if motor homes are still being searched before crossing Boulder/Hoover Dam?

3.) Lastly, can we even carry in our motor home in Arizona, or are there restrictions for vehicle carry?

We both have current and valid CCWs from Nevada. Thank you in advance for your responses.

You should be able to get at least most of your questions answered here: Handgunlaw.us

Max

4. AZ has a pre-emption law so local auntorities may not pass laws that override the state's. Handguns may be loaded and in plain sight in vehicles. AZ recognizes all out-of-state permits.

You should be fine in AZ, but I don't know anything about the damn dam.
    Last edited by Shoots Running; 12-21-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks for the info. I guess if we cannot go over the damn dam then we'll just go the southern route.

6. Nevada CCW

I think you will find Arizona gun laws to be more forgiving than those of Nevada. I was a resident of Arizona until August of this year, had a CCW permit, and had served as a deputy sheriff. Arizona CCW permits don't even mention the word firearm, and cover any concealable weapon. You may transport a weapon loaded in a vehicle as long as it is in plain sight or unloaded and locked in a compartment not accessible from the passenger compartment. In other words, leave it in plain sight, not concealed, unless you have a CCW permit. Hoover Dam is a federal project, so they have their own regulations that are different from either Nevada or Arizona, and I would not go against federal agents. Good luck and Happy Holidays
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    I think you will find Arizona gun laws to be more forgiving than those of Nevada. I was a resident of Arizona until August of this year, had a CCW permit, and had served as a deputy sheriff. Arizona CCW permits don't even mention the word firearm, and cover any concealable weapon. You may transport a weapon loaded in a vehicle as long as it is in plain sight or unloaded and locked in a compartment not accessible from the passenger compartment. In other words, leave it in plain sight, not concealed, unless you have a CCW permit. Hoover Dam is a federal project, so they have their own regulations that are different from either Nevada or Arizona, and I would not go against federal agents. Good luck and Happy Holidays

Thank you. Both hubby and I have our Nevada CCW's. That said, do you know of any Federal sites that explain the provisions covering carrying open or concealed over the dam? I find it curious that traffic is stopped on the Nevada side, but not the Arizona side. Or, is traffic stopped farther on up past the dam?

8. BTW, the Washington quotation in your signature line is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    BTW, the Washington quotation in your signature line is bogus.
    Bogus? Have you a source? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    BTW, the Washington quotation in your signature line is bogus.
    I found the quote on at least one internet site. Rather than harping on folks sig lines, why not stay on topic???

To answer the OP question about traveling over Hoover Dam, here's a link to some info: http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/crossingguide.pdf

On page 3 there's a question
    Can I carry weapons in my vehicle across Hoover Dam?
    Yes, as long as their transport complies with state and federal standards, i.e. guns must be unloaded and in compliance with concealment laws. Also, no more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition may be transported across the dam.
    If you have any specific questions, you can call the "Hoover Dam Police" at: (702)494-2312.

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 12-21-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: added info
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I found the quote on at least one internet site. Rather than harping on folks sig lines, why not stay on topic???

To answer the OP question about traveling over Hoover Dam, here's a link to some info: http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/crossingguide.pdf

On page 3 there's a question

If you have any specific questions, you can call the "Hoover Dam Police" at: (702)494-2312.

gf
    Excellent, GF, just the info I was looking for. I'll expand my search terms next time. I never thought of "Reclamation" I knew the officers were federal but I didn't know where to look. Just goes to show that "two heads are better than one." Thanks again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast