Took "First Timer" To Range On Friday - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Took "First Timer" To Range On Friday

Great that you wear a turtle neck shirt at the range. You may want to evaluate your shooting position to figure out why the brass is flying down your shirt. My students rarely have problems with flying brass when shooting "isosceles" or "weaver" shooting postions. A slight adjustment in your shooting position may help with the brass flying at you.

Glad you're here on USA Carry! Happy shooting.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Great that you wear a turtle neck shirt at the range. You may want to evaluate your shooting position to figure out why the brass is flying down your shirt. My students rarely have problems with flying brass when shooting "isosceles" or "weaver" shooting postions. A slight adjustment in your shooting position may help with the brass flying at you.

Glad you're here on USA Carry! Happy shooting.

gf
    Thank you for the suggestion :)

Next week I leave for a 5 week vacation back in the states. My wife will be along and I mentioned to her that I will be doing several range visits and a couple of tactical classes since I haven't practiced in nearly three years. She asked what would she do while I was shooting and I suggested she come along and try it herself.

"Okay."

Hmmm, that was easy!

So I asked if when she was taught how to clean a Kalishnikov whether they had her do any firing (yes, she's Russian). She said yes but it was several years ago and she had not fired or cleaned anything like the pistols I have shown her. So now I am thinking about breaking her in on my Bersa .380 and Sigma 9mm then starting her in a 4 hour ladies introductory class with whichever she feels best about.

Then I wonder if I can pay one of the shop guys to show her the cleaning procedures on a couple of semi-autos and see how that goes?

I'll try to remember to do a range report and snap some pictures.
    Last edited by ecocks; 12-31-2008 at 08:23 AM.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123