Mental illness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Mental illness

  1. Mental illness

    Question! My neighbor has her concealed carry permit and a 9mm, her son has a suicidal condition and was discharged from basic training because of mental issues. Is it legal for her to have this permit and weapons in the house?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampwenchSuzie View Post
    Question! My neighbor has her concealed carry permit and a 9mm, her son has a suicidal condition and was discharged from basic training because of mental issues. Is it legal for her to have this permit and weapons in the house?
    Probably legal for her but, given the condition of her son, not the smartest thing to do. Even locking up her weapon at home would always leave the possibility of the boy obtaining the weapon if she were to inadvertently fail to lock it up.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampwenchSuzie View Post
    Question! My neighbor has her concealed carry permit and a 9mm, her son has a suicidal condition and was discharged from basic training because of mental issues. Is it legal for her to have this permit and weapons in the house?
    It looks like the election season is finally starting on USA Carry. I am looking forward to more brand new members posting gun control troll questions.

    As for the question, it is likely not legal in California, Connecticut, North Korea, Russia, China, Australia, France, Germany, the UK, and all other slave countries, states and territories. It is certainly legal in the Free United States of America.

    Does someone who has a mentally ill family member, if this is even the case here, somehow loses the constitutional right to keep and bear arms? How about the right to vote? Or the right to free speech?

    How does having a firearm in the home increases the risk of suicide for a mentally ill family member? Have all knives, scissors, hammers and other sharp or blunt objects already been removed from the home? We don't anyone to stab himself or hit himself over the head. How about shutting off electricity and water. We don't anyone to electrocute or drown himself. All medications should be removed as well. Overdose on medication is a common suicide method. Your neighbor obviously shouldn't have a car either.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    It looks like the election season is finally starting on USA Carry. I am looking forward to more brand new members posting gun control troll questions.

    As for the question, it is likely not legal in California, Connecticut, North Korea, Russia, China, Australia, France, Germany, the UK, and all other slave countries, states and territories. It is certainly legal in the Free United States of America.

    Does someone who has a mentally ill family member, if this is even the case here, somehow loses the constitutional right to keep and bear arms? How about the right to vote? Or the right to free speech?

    How does having a firearm in the home increases the risk of suicide for a mentally ill family member? Have all knives, scissors, hammers and other sharp or blunt objects already been removed from the home? We don't anyone to stab himself or hit himself over the head. How about shutting off electricity and water. We don't anyone to electrocute or drown himself. All medications should be removed as well. Overdose on medication is a common suicide method. Your neighbor obviously shouldn't have a car either.
    Couldn't help but laugh at the first line. How true. I think the anti's have a bulletin board listing all pro gun sites so their morons can fill up their empty days by trolling away. Gotta get that Soros $$$.

  6. This is the "reply" I received on Facebook by another anti gun trolling for moms demand stuff....

    Notice the last couple of sentences. It's apparent in his haste, he included the instructions from MDS..

    "Xxxxxxx, per the usual you haven't added anything to the conversation. You just jumped up and down beating your chest. You don't like the post, too bad. You don't have to comment. You post nothing to refute the original post because you have nothing. Secondly, your argument is: NRA talking point Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
    Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements.Update: A recent study looking at 30 years of homicide data in all 50 states found that for every one percent increase in a state's gun ownership rate, there is a nearly one percent increase in its firearm homicide rate. Its not nice to see an adult cry.

    ### Please copy this text and use it to refute future troll debates. Use the same communications techniques and become something greater by sticking together."


    The trolls are out in force, on ALL social media and this is there response above..

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Probably legal for her but, given the condition of her son, not the smartest thing to do. Even locking up her weapon at home would always leave the possibility of the boy obtaining the weapon if she were to inadvertently fail to lock it up.
    Wow. Did you get that out of an MDA brochure? bofh should have replied to you instead of the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    How does having a firearm in the home increases the risk of suicide for a mentally ill family member? Have all knives, scissors, hammers and other sharp or blunt objects already been removed from the home? We don't anyone to stab himself or hit himself over the head. How about shutting off electricity and water. We don't anyone to electrocute or drown himself. All medications should be removed as well. Overdose on medication is a common suicide method. Your neighbor obviously shouldn't have a car either.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Crook County, Illinois
    Posts
    330
    I believe, the Sandy Hook shooter, killed his Mother and used her guns to kill all the kids. He had a mental problem, and the mother locked up her guns. But he still got them. Draw your own conclusion.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Probably legal for her but, given the condition of her son, not the smartest thing to do. Even locking up her weapon at home would always leave the possibility of the boy obtaining the weapon if she were to inadvertently fail to lock it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar99 View Post
    I believe, the Sandy Hook shooter, killed his Mother and used her guns to kill all the kids. He had a mental problem, and the mother locked up her guns. But he still got them. Draw your own conclusion.
    Police weapons missing, lost, or stolen | FOX6Now.com

    Police weapons missing, lost, or stolen

    MILWAUKEE — More than two dozen police weapons are missing or have been stolen from local law enforcement agencies since 2009. An open records request submitted to the Milwaukee Police Department, Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office, and the Wisconsin State Patrol shows 27 weapons, including guns, tasers and pepper spray have been lost or are missing.
    Exclusive: Hundreds of police-issued weapons missing from Bay Area, California agencies

    Disarmed and dangerous: Officers across the Bay Area and state are losing firearms at an astonishing rate — and the consequences can be deadly

    A year after a bullet from a federal agent’s stolen gun killed 32-year-old Kate Steinle on a San Francisco pier, this news organization surveyed more than 240 local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and discovered an alarming disregard for the way many officers — from police chiefs to cadets to FBI agents — safeguard their weapons.
    Guess we need to take away law enforcement guns too? After all, if it saves just one life.....right?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Crook County, Illinois
    Posts
    330
    My reply was to the OP. I'm not suggesting that anyone's guns be taken away. The woman has a suicidal son with mental health issues. For her, the gun in the house might not be the best choice for either of them.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Monterey County, CA
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    This is the "reply" I received on Facebook by another anti gun trolling for moms demand stuff....

    Notice the last couple of sentences. It's apparent in his haste, he included the instructions from MDS..

    "Xxxxxxx, per the usual you haven't added anything to the conversation. You just jumped up and down beating your chest. You don't like the post, too bad. You don't have to comment. You post nothing to refute the original post because you have nothing. Secondly, your argument is: NRA talking point Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
    Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements.Update: A recent study looking at 30 years of homicide data in all 50 states found that for every one percent increase in a state's gun ownership rate, there is a nearly one percent increase in its firearm homicide rate. Its not nice to see an adult cry.

    ### Please copy this text and use it to refute future troll debates. Use the same communications techniques and become something greater by sticking together."


    The trolls are out in force, on ALL social media and this is there response above..
    I would like to know where this quoted person got their "statistics".
    "I would like to see every woman know how to handle guns as naturally as they know how to handle babies." Annie Oakley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast