Which has more stopping power 9mm or .40 Caliber - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which has more stopping power 9mm or .40 Caliber

1. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I guess ya lost me somewhere. If he's a dealer then he's not a private seller. I'll have to pay him 25 bucks to ship to another dealer here and then pay another 25 bucks to them in a transfer fee when I can just drive up the road a bit and buy it in a store that has it on sale for about the same price he's askin for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Incorrect

First,, no sales are reported to the government short of a bona-fide criminal investigation and then only the relevant information related to that specific firearm would be released.

Second, I can sell a firearm to myself but that firearm must remain in my possession for 1 year before I can sell it as a private citizen.

Third, no firearm, contrary to what Hillary and the left wing media will have you believe, can be shipped to anyone who does not hold a current FFL.

Hillary made statements in last nights debate that she wanted universal background checks, close gun show and internet loopholes. Background checks are required for every firearm transfer with the possible exception of a person who holds a current ccw or valid purchase permit. (Depending on the state. New Hampshire, for example requires a state check for a handgun transfer ccw permit or no. Nebraska does not for a valid resident ccw holder.) There is no such thing as an Internet loophole. The bgc will be conducted upon the final transfer. Prior to that the firearm travels from dealer to dealer. She has no idea what she is talking about.

Gun shows are treated no differently by dealers than at the place of business. All rules apply, period, and will be checked upon inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSatellite View Post
    Incorrect

First,, no sales are reported to the government short of a bona-fide criminal investigation and then only the relevant information related to that specific firearm would be released.

Second, I can sell a firearm to myself but that firearm must remain in my possession for 1 year before I can sell it as a private citizen.

Third, no firearm, contrary to what Hillary and the left wing media will have you believe, can be shipped to anyone who does not hold a current FFL.

Hillary made statements in last nights debate that she wanted universal background checks, close gun show and internet loopholes. Background checks are required for every firearm transfer with the possible exception of a person who holds a current ccw or valid purchase permit. (Depending on the state. New Hampshire, for example requires a state check for a handgun transfer ccw permit or no. Nebraska does not for a valid resident ccw holder.) There is no such thing as an Internet loophole. The bgc will be conducted upon the final transfer. Prior to that the firearm travels from dealer to dealer. She has no idea what she is talking about.

Gun shows are treated no differently by dealers than at the place of business. All rules apply, period, and will be checked upon inspection.
    Thanks for the correction but if I would've bought it from you, I would've had to wait most of the week before I got it in the mail, pretty much had to have had to wait till this coming weekend to take it out and shoot it whereas getting one at a store on sale, I was able to buy mine Saturday when I was ready to make my purchase, take it out and shoot it that same day and start carrying it from then on out. Did I pay for convenience? Probably but, convenience and quickness triumphs sometimes.

4. There is no restriction on private arms being sold in Vermont.

5. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Thanks for the correction but if I would've bought it from you, I would've had to wait most of the week before I got it in the mail, pretty much had to have had to wait till this coming weekend to take it out and shoot it whereas getting one at a store on sale, I was able to buy mine Saturday when I was ready to make my purchase, take it out and shoot it that same day and start carrying it from then on out. Did I pay for convenience? Probably but, convenience and quickness triumphs sometimes.

No issues at all. I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted.

6. Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    There is no restriction on private arms being sold in Vermont.
    I was referring to sales from dealers not private sales.

No issues at all. I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted.
    I wasn't trying to sound dickish...lol. If I was willing to wait, the offer would have been a lot more appetizing.

Oh yeah, so far I love it. Already got an extra mag ordered, alien gear holster and a crimson trace laser guard sight coming this way.

8. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I wasn't trying to sound dickish...lol. If I was willing to wait, the offer would have been a lot more appetizing.

Oh yeah, so far I love it. Already got an extra mag ordered, alien gear holster and a crimson trace laser guard sight coming this way.

How well do you shoot it? The reason I ask is because my wife wanted one so I bought her one and she hated it. Ive been shooting full sized autos forever and just recently dabbled into compacts. To me, that one has a lot of flip for what it is and I can see why she struggled. I got her a g43 and she is much happier and her scores show it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CustomSatellite View Post
    How well do you shoot it? The reason I ask is because my wife wanted one so I bought her one and she hated it. Ive been shooting full sized autos forever and just recently dabbled into compacts. To me, that one has a lot of flip for what it is and I can see why she struggled. I got her a g43 and she is much happier and her scores show it.
    Good morning y'all, I feel you on that. I forgot myself and let my wife shoot my Glock 27; what a mistake. The best way to think when we talk about hand guns is the shorter the recoil spring and larger caliber matters. Some people go for looks, that's funny because until you pull it no one should no you got it, so looks shouldn't matter. There are home defense rounds in 22cal and 9mm that are quite devastating and stay in the body and will not go beyond the intended target as long as you hit what you meant to. Do your research and choose what is best for you. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I shot it great for first time outta the box. Maybe because I'm a big guy used to shootin a 40 that my grip alone didn't let the little Ruger move that much...lol.

But first and foremost though, she did try the LC9s and not the pro version of it, right? Since you probably know a little more about a wider variety of pistols, since we're on the subject, what is the difference between the pro and the non-pro model other than one (like mine), has a slide saftey and a mag release and the other doesn't but, what about the trigger? I think mine only has a 4 or 5 pound trigger pull but what does the pro model have since only the saftey of the trigger is what stands between you and puttin' a round in your foot or through your leg? Does it have a stiffer trigger?

I'm not familiar with and have zero experience with Glocks but what was it about the 43 that made her a better shot with it? They the same size, weight and all? I do know it's considered a compact like the Ruger and is a single stack like it.

Also, was she shootin it with the pinky extension left on or taken off? I thought about taking mine off and putting the low profile floor plate on in helps of concealment but maybe that's why I shot good with it. When my new mag gets here I'll put the smaller floor plate on one of them and compare shot placement groupings on targets to see if I shoot better with or without.

Oh and I'm sure a simple Google search would reveal the answer but if the pro version doesn't have a mag release, how do you get the magazine out?...lol.

11. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I shot it great for first time outta the box. Maybe because I'm a big guy used to shootin a 40 that my grip alone didn't let the little Ruger move that much...lol.

But first and foremost though, she did try the LC9s and not the pro version of it, right? Since you probably know a little more about a wider variety of pistols, since we're on the subject, what is the difference between the pro and the non-pro model other than one (like mine), has a slide saftey and a mag release and the other doesn't but, what about the trigger? I think mine only has a 4 or 5 pound trigger pull but what does the pro model have since only the saftey of the trigger is what stands between you and puttin' a round in your foot or through your leg? Does it have a stiffer trigger?

I'm not familiar with and have zero experience with Glocks but what was it about the 43 that made her a better shot with it? They the same size, weight and all? I do know it's considered a compact like the Ruger and is a single stack like it.

Also, was she shootin it with the pinky extension left on or taken off? I thought about taking mine off and putting the low profile floor plate on in helps of concealment but maybe that's why I shot good with it. When my new mag gets here I'll put the smaller floor plate on one of them and compare shot placement groupings on targets to see if I shoot better with or without.

Oh and I'm sure a simple Google search would reveal the answer but if the pro version doesn't have a mag release, how do you get the magazine out?...lol.

The pro version does have a mag release but no mag safety and no slide safety. Pinky ext. Is a personal preference and in my professional opinion does nothing to limit concealability. I would need it to help stabilize because of such limited palm space.

The glock 43 is a little heavier (more slide mass) which serves to reduce recoil and muzzle flip but I think the trigger differences are very noticeable. Ruger has a long sweeping trigger and long reset and the glock is shorter on both. It's all what you get used to. I was issued a Beretta 96d over 20 years ago and my hands were too small but I learned to adjust. When we went to glock 22s my scores improved and I became faster because it fit me better.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast