Brady Bunch sues to stop CC in Nat Parks - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brady Bunch sues to stop CC in Nat Parks

1. Anyone else remember when Florida went RTC in the mid 80's? The predictions from the left, were that the entire state would essentially turn into a western cowboy movie bloodbath with the influx of "ordinary folk" with a pistol on their hip.

Then other states started RTC, each time the same predictions were made.

Now it's the National Parks, and the same tired, old prediction is rearing it's head once again.

Albert Einstein is attributed the quotation of defining insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Perhaps the Brady Bunch require some time in the political sanitarium.

Let's just hope that some anti gun wacko judge like Jack Weinstein doesn't get to preside over the case. As long as that's not the case, I can't honestly see how this doesn't get dismissed.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

So how many people think the Obama administration will bother defending the rule in court? If no one shows up in court to defend the rule, the Bradys will win by default.

Maybe that's why Bush signed the order. He wanted to put Obama on the spot.

The Regulation allowing concealed carry in National Parks goes into effect on January 9th. Has anyone in here heard anything more about the asinine lawsuit from the Brady Bunch. They were seeking an injunction to block it immediately. Let's just hope that the Federal Court Judge has enough sense not to grant it.
    MOLON LABE

If this gets resolved before Bush leaves office, as it appear it will, I think that the CC ruling will stand. January 20 is the day to circle on the calendar, not just for the Obama inauguration, but for all things gun related.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
    Maybe that's why Bush signed the order. He wanted to put Obama on the spot.
    Bush didn't sign the Order! It was signed by Lyle Laverty, Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Fish and Wildlife and Parks. Here's a link to the whole text of the Order in the Federal Register:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-29249.pdf

I really get a big kick out of misinformed people who try to pass off their own opinions as fact. For instance "he wanted to put Obama on the spot"! Gimme a beak PlayLoud. Or, are you just "playing loud"?
    MOLON LABE

Does anyone know if they were successful in their request for the injunction? I haven't see anything yet and today is the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndwell View Post
    Does anyone know if they were successful in their request for the injunction? I haven't see anything yet and today is the day.
    You are right! It went into effect today (January 9th)! I have seen nothing in the news and can't find anything about it on the net. My assumption is that the suit from the Brady Bunch was quashed. In any event...once something like this is in effect, it's very hard to stop or change.
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    You are right! It went into effect today (January 9th)! I have seen nothing in the news and can't find anything about it on the net. My assumption is that the suit from the Brady Bunch was quashed. In any event...once something like this is in effect, it's very hard to stop or change.
    Not very surprising considering that Obama hasn't taken office yet. However, once he does take office, we can expect good news events to be few and far in between.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast