1st Homocide of 09 Prediction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Homocide of 09 Prediction

1st Homocide of 09 Prediction

I am going to go out on a limb and predict the first Homocide of 2009 will occur in a Liberal, Anti-Gun, East Coast City. My money is on Boston (Dorchester or Roxbury). They're always good for a few murders to ring in the New Year, committed by gun toting, criminal, gang bangers.

I hope you all have a safe New Year!

Surfcc

Believe it or not, murders occur in gun friendly places too. Have you seen murder rates in Detroit, Atlanta, or Jacksonville, Florida, lately?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Have you seen murder rates in Detroit, Atlanta, or Jacksonville, Florida, lately?
    Detroit is gun friendly?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I was thinking the same thing and including Atlanta in that.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

09 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Believe it or not, murders occur in gun friendly places too. Have you seen murder rates in Detroit, Atlanta, or Jacksonville, Florida, lately?
    The purpose of my post was to point to the irony in the fact that "most" liberal cities, (where gun rights are extremely restricted), have some of the most prolific gun crimes. I don't doubt for a minute that Detroit, Jacksonville, et al share the same demographics.....i.e. high concentration of criminals and hence gun crimes. The fact of the matter is, gun control is a complete farce. And by golly, wouldn't ya know that gun crimes committed by "criminals" who obtain their guns illegally, occur most often in inner city environs, where the citizenry's 2A rights are either restricted by law or they are coerced (by lib pols) into thinking that it is inanimate objects, (guns), that kill and not criminals that kill!

My $ is still on Boston, despite the weather, after 12AM.

Surfcc

Not sure about the others but Detroit?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Well, asuming that the clock still works and that the east coast is 3 hours ahead of the west coast, you may be correct in your assumption that something might happen there first. However, don't rule out the big cities on the west coast. One never knows what will happen there...

(I'm hoping that nothing happens on either end!)

The cities I named are all located in gun friendly states; not necessarily the cities themselves, but the states in which they are located.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Our neighbor to the east, Dallas, always gets their fair share.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

don't forget MEMPHIS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast