Dicks Sporting Goods - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Dicks Sporting Goods

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    S&WM&P40, do You plan on being "Keller At Large?
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    I think you will find the reason ****'s as well as WalMart and others stopped selling hand guns at the start of Brady is because in the beginning rifles and shotguns were not required in background checks. A couple years later they were also included. Their decision to drop handguns was due to Government regulations and not because of anti-gun attitudes.
    Now the Cleaning kit ordeal is just plain insane and probably a case of an uniformed, or maybe "over informed", clerk.
    Overinformed? Don't you mean a clerk who just doesn't know what he's talking about? That's what it appears to be to me.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]S&WM&P40, do You plan on being "Keller At Large?[/FON/T]
    What?

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    News guy (Boston station) that does investigating. (it's a joke).
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    What?
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    News guy (Boston station) that does investigating. (it's a joke).
    LOL oh. Well maybe lol. I like to get facts and names/dates/times. Put it all together and what do you got? Hard proof!! From that point you can call the Main company and tell them whats going on in one of the stores and have proof to back it up. Phone recordings of every thing you talked about and with who/dates/times. From that point you get all the customers to sign a petition and then come back with that (e-mail it/fax it) to the main HQ. To show them just how much sales they will be missing out on because of this one store that has gone. Rouge and is not following (Company guild lines,rules what ever you want to call them) On top of that you fax them a copy of state law to back your case even more. To show them that they are not even following State law on the matter and that they are infringing on peoples rights( Do not have to show that information (permit) to buy the set items). If they want to keep allowing that store to run like this and not follow state/company laws/rules. Not only will they see a drop in sales in that store. But they may also see a Lawsuit on this matter coming down the pipes. To drive the point home more we put together a PR drive and get bad PR out about the store. Having to show a permit to buy gun oil and rags is just down right nuts and crossing the line. That's like having to show your Drivers License/None Driver/Gov ID to buy ***** paper and cooking oil.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Overinformed? Don't you mean a clerk who just doesn't know what he's talking about? That's what it appears to be to me.
    Tat, I think it's more like a clerk "THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ALL HE KNOWS ABOUT IT"

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Tat, I think it's more like a clerk "THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ALL HE KNOWS ABOUT IT"
    Mine sounds better. In either event, I would take my business elsewhere.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Port Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    7
    No mention on the website on requiring a permit to purchage items.

    ****'s Sporting Goods - Official Site - Hunting - Shooting Needs
    Shooting Needs - Hunting - ****'s Sporting Goods

    Otis Elite Cleaning System — $99

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGlaze View Post
    No mention on the website on requiring a permit to purchase items.

    ****'s Sporting Goods - Official Site - Hunting - Shooting Needs
    Shooting Needs - Hunting - ****'s Sporting Goods

    Otis Elite Cleaning System $99
    Yea, I think it's like the title to an old Perry Mason novel, "The Case Of The Ignorant Cashier"

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733

    You know what?

    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL oh. Well maybe lol. I like to get facts and names/dates/times. Put it all together and what do you got? Hard proof!! From that point you can call the Main company and tell them whats going on in one of the stores and have proof to back it up. Phone recordings of every thing you talked about and with who/dates/times. From that point you get all the customers to sign a petition and then come back with that (e-mail it/fax it) to the main HQ. To show them just how much sales they will be missing out on because of this one store that has gone. Rouge and is not following (Company guild lines,rules what ever you want to call them) On top of that you fax them a copy of state law to back your case even more. To show them that they are not even following State law on the matter and that they are infringing on peoples rights( Do not have to show that information (permit) to buy the set items). If they want to keep allowing that store to run like this and not follow state/company laws/rules. Not only will they see a drop in sales in that store. But they may also see a Lawsuit on this matter coming down the pipes. To drive the point home more we put together a PR drive and get bad PR out about the store. Having to show a permit to buy gun oil and rags is just down right nuts and crossing the line. That's like having to show your Drivers License/None Driver/Gov ID to buy ***** paper and cooking oil.
    Remind me not to piss you off, okay?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast