I think I'm on to something. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Donít forget, even with a holster that does cover the trigger it is still possible.

A year or two ago there was a LEO who got the bottom cord of his jacket caught in the trigger guard as he holstered his Glock. All was fine until he got out of the car. As he was getting out he stretched and the cord pulled the trigger, firing the weapon.

What would have prevented this? The LEO being aware of what he was doing when holstering his weapon would have prevented this, that is why it was classified as a ND and not an AD.

I think it was Florida, but would not swear to it.
    That has more to do with carelessness than with holster design. But, just like what I discussed earlier in the thread, the best way to prevent a negligent discharge is to not let anything come into contact with the trigger. Although a holster that completely covers the trigger guard goes a long way toward preventing that, so too does exercising extreme caution when handling firearms, and this story is a good example of that.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

This subject is why this video makes me see red!

Plaxico Burress on Gun Safety

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    That has more to do with carelessness than with holster design.
    You are absolutely right. That is why it was deemed to be a NEGLEGENT Discharge and not an ACCIDENTAL Discharge. The officer was negligent in the holstering of his firearm and that negligence was the direct cause of the incident.

My main point being (and i think we agree on this one) that we should not rely on our holster to protect us from our own negligence. Bad things can still happen if we are not paying attention to what we are doing regardless of what equipment we are using.
    Last edited by TAC; 01-06-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    This subject is why this video makes me see red!

Plaxico Burress on Gun Safety
    I suppose if someone wants a crash course in gun negligence, then this is the perfect video for it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I suppose if someone wants a crash course in gun negligence, then this is the perfect video for it.
    Your right on that point. What makes me see red is the inpression at the end that guns can go off all by themselves

Don't forget the bad habit that some newbies pick up, fondling the sidearm. By constantly checking the gun, especially when the trigger guard is uncovered, the chances of a mishap drastically increase. A lot of this can be prevented by proper training.

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Your right on that point. What makes me see red is the inpression at the end that guns can go off all by themselves
    Exactly! When he says at the end of the video that the gun is jinxed, well, that's just the kind of stupid ideas that the anti's will pick up on and use to claim that guns can shoot all by themselves! Guns kill people after all, don't ya know?

Doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor? That was meant to be funny. I know I got a good laugh out of it!

Benjamin Franklin

gpbarth Guest
    I can't believe that anyone would worry about the perceptions that this parody might give off. I myself thought this was one funny - no, hilarious! - video, and it really poked fun at Plaxico and his dumb-assed shooting incident.

Anyone trying to use this clip to show how unsafe guns are would be laughed out of the room.

wolfhunter Guest
    The guy in the video PARODIED the anti- gunners at the end of the video. Isn't it obvious that NONE of the shots fired during this sequence were his fault? Clearly, the gun was evil and intent on bodily harm.

I, too, found the video funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast