Florida CCW
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida CCW

1. Florida CCW

I am trying to find in the Statutes where it says a student must fire a weapon to qualify to apply for a CCW in Florida and how many rounds. Does any know where to find that information?

Quote Originally Posted by sitki1 View Post
    I am trying to find in the Statutes where it says a student must fire a weapon to qualify to apply for a CCW in Florida and how many rounds. Does any know where to find that information?
    Handgunlaw.us

Click on your state, scroll down to the permit application process. A link to the class requirements and relevant statutes is available.

There is no law in Florida that states the answer to your question. If you would have done your own due diligence and actually visited the Florida Concealed Weapons License Web page, you would know what Acceptable Training Documentation is needed and what the applicable statutes are.

The answer is a minimum of 1 round and it is covered in the laws.
    must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm in his or her physical presence and that the discharge of the firearm included live fire using a firearm and ammunition as defined in s. 790.001
    Most instructors use a revolver firing a .22 to meet the requirements.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    There is no law in Florida that states the answer to your question. If you would have done your own due diligence and actually visited the Florida Concealed Weapons License Web page, you would know what Acceptable Training Documentation is needed and what the applicable statutes are.
    i did my due diligence, thank you, and didn't see the answer to my question thus the question you jerk!

i did my due diligence, thank you, and didn't see the answer to my question thus the question you jerk!
    Take it easy. Such language can you easily get banned from the forum. And no, you did not do your due diligence. The main Florida Concealed Weapons License Web page has the link to the 2016 Florida Statute Section 790.06 in its very first sentence. S&W645 already pointed out the content of 790.06 (2)(h)7.:

... certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm in his or her physical presence and that the discharge of the firearm included live fire using a firearm and ammunition as defined in s. 790.001;
    S&W645 correctly pointed out that the minimum is one, as live fire is required. The type of firearm is not specified. According to 790.001 (6), it can be even a starter gun. There is no actual number of shots specified in the law. It can be one.

I guess not reading the applicable law counts as due diligence these days. SMH

Bofh is one of our resident trolls.

Be sure he's read this thread and declines to apologize for being both a jerk AND wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Bofh is one of our resident trolls.

Be sure he's read this thread and declines to apologize for being both a jerk AND wrong.
    Why should I apologize? The OP failed to do his due diligence. The Florida Concealed Weapons License Web page has this information is readily available as explained in posts #3 and #6. If the OP really wants to get a Florida Concealed Weapons License, then going to the Florida Concealed Weapons License Web page would be of higher priority, than posting here.

As for being a troll:

troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
    I did no such thing. I provided the information that was being asked for. I merely suggested that the OP was asking forum members to do his homework: do a Google search for "Florida Concealed Weapons License", click on the first link and start reading.

Your post above, however, does qualify as a troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Why should I apologize?
    You're being a jerk AND you're wrong. OP made this thread in good faith.

Anyway OP's question has been answerrd so that ends the discussion.

Boff, we all could probably do our own research to avoid gettin' jumped on but what would make the point of the message board?? Everything we want to know about guns or laws, we could have just as easier not even made an account here and relied on other sources of info.

In a way I get your point but dam man, you don't have to be snide about it. S&M645 gave good input and that was it, just as the OP was asking and didn't spout off "due diligence" nonsense basically telling the OP to find his own info all by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast