Concealed Carry on your property
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on your property

1. Concealed Carry on your property

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. I live in delaware and was not sure if it was legal or illegal to carry concealed while I was on my own property. Meaning while in the front and back of my home.

I'm of the belief that you can carry open, as Delaware is an open carry state, but you would need a permit to conceal carry anywhere in the state.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I'm of the belief that you can carry open, as Delaware is an open carry state, but you would need a permit to conceal carry anywhere in the state.
    Wow! This post is rife with errors...

Do yourself a favor and wait until someone with actual knowledge comes along to answer your question..

5. Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post

Do yourself a favor and wait until someone with actual knowledge comes along to answer your question..
    Ok thanks, ill keep trying to find a answer to this question.

According to the Delaware Criminal Code Title 11. Chapter 5. Subchapter VII. 1442, carrying a concealed deadly firearm without a license is a class D felony. The law does not provide an exception for your own property.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    According to the Delaware Criminal Code Title 11. Chapter 5. Subchapter VII. 1442, carrying a concealed deadly firearm without a license is a class D felony. The law does not provide an exception for your own property.
    You were exactly who i hoped would respond!
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Yeah.... That's what I said before.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post

And would you care to enlighten us as to the errors in SR9's post instead of just acting like an A$$hat? Probably not.

Delaware is an open carry state. Those doing so should be aware that any local ordinances that were in effect at the time that preemption was passed (July 4, 1985) are still in effect and are NOT preempted.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And would you care to enlighten us as to the errors in SR9's post instead of just acting like an A$$hat? Probably not.

Delaware is an open carry state. Those doing so should be aware that any local ordinances that were in effect at the time that preemption was passed (July 4, 1985) are still in effect and are NOT preempted.
    The boy is seldom correct in his "advice" and i dont have the time to correct or go through all the pots he's been wrong about and given out incorrect info on, so...

I dont care very much for your tone either.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    i dont have the time to correct or go through all the pots he's been wrong about and given out incorrect info on, so...

I dont care very much for your tone either.
    Simple translation....

I got nothin'.
    However,

The boy is seldom correct in his "advice"
    You are correct, SR9 is seldom correct, and coming to his defense is like coming to Hilary's defense. But in this case, he was right, you are wrong, and you aren't man enough to admit it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast