waiting period - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: waiting period

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    I live in cincinnati. maybe it's my sealed record, but the app said to answer the felony question as if the felony doesen't exist. I cant see how this would cause a long delay. the court says they shouldn't have it on record. I was also told after the 1st delay the other checks should go right thru. somebody lied to me.
    Your dealer should be able to give you a contact number so you can follow up on your background check.

3. cincinnati is not a gun friendly city. and it could be your sealed record. but is still should not take this long.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Two weeks does seem like an unusually long time. Something is definitely not right.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

it's prob like kansas.if they haven't called then you're ok. I'll go see tomorrow. need to get my FFL. no delays then. and I can buy when I'm in other states

Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    it's prob like kansas.if they haven't called then you're ok. I'll go see tomorrow. need to get my FFL. no delays then. and I can buy when I'm in other states
    Good Luck on that FFL. The new "Friendlier" BATFE don't hand out licenses unless you have a Store Front operation. They all but eliminated the individual from having an FFL. I've heard C & R licenses are easier to come by though.

Unless your State has a longer waiting period, it's instant or three days per the Brady Act.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Not only is there not a waiting period in Idaho, but if you have a CCW, they don't even have to make the call. Just fill out the paperwork and walk out the door with your new friend.

I think the consensus here is that you should either call the gun store or go there and see what's going on.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

No wait in FL with a CWP. 3 days without.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

ok. I went to the gun shop and before I could say anything I heard "hey mikey". before I knew what was going on they had my pistol, clips and holster on the counter. after 3 buisness days if they haven't called back it's called 'no resolution' and you get your gun. don't know why they didn't call me. already picked out my next piece.this is getting addictive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast