OWB holster that covers skin at top/slide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OWB holster that covers skin at top/slide

1. OWB holster that covers skin at top/slide

Any recommendations on a good OWB holster that has some kind of covering for the skin so that the normal exposed rail (while in holster) doesn't contact kidney or stomach skin? Have been looking but not even sure what theyre called. Thanks

3. An outside the waistband? Don't they usually not contact skin at all? If you do in fact mean OWB and not IWB the Desantis thumb break scabbard covers the slide.
    http://www.desantisholster.com/desan...large_2026.jpg

THUMB BREAK SCABBARD Holsters, Leather Holster, Ruger Holster, DeSantisHolster.com

Quote Originally Posted by johndp1911 View Post
    Any recommendations on a good OWB holster that has some kind of covering for the skin so that the normal exposed rail (while in holster) doesn't contact kidney or stomach skin? Have been looking but not even sure what theyre called. Thanks
    Rail? What handgun rail would come in contact with skin while being on an OWB holster? Are you talking about the slide? Many OWB holsters cover the slide. The question is how much you want to have covered. What's your motivation for this?

Safariland | Model 7377 7TS™ ALS® Concealment Belt Slide Holster
    Safariland | Model 7 Shadow® II Pancake-Style Holster
    K ROUNDS, LLC | OWB Pancake

5. Are you talking about a sweat guard? They are usually on iwb but if you go for a high quality holster you can ask for most anything that you are willing to pay for. Try high noon or Bullard maybe even milt sparks.

6. I am sure you can get whatever you want. .. if you are willing to pay for it.

7. I have found wearing a t-shirt or an A-type t shirt tucked in makes carrying IWB OR OWB almost like not carrying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very good recommendation for you. I carry my Springfield XDs45 w/Crimson Trace in a Versacarry Protector Series size 4 English Bridal leather holster. It has a tab (Protector) that keeps the gun off of your skin. It is very comfortable and I carry in it almost every day.

NRA Member, XDs45, Nano, LCP

I second the wearing of an A shirt or T tucked in. I wear the T's in the winter, & A's in the summer.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !!!

54 AND COUNTING

I have no idea what an A shirt is. I googled these and did not get a straight answer.

My own full sized High Noon OWB leather holster protects my full sized CZ 97B 45ACP completely. All contact is metal to leather, except for the grip of course.

I wear this like an IWB holster by putting it on its own gun belt and strapping it on over my skivis and T-shirt and under my trousers and untucked shirt (over-shirt). I can also tuck the shirt if I want, and wear a sweater over the shirt. Normally I wear a jacket over this as well.

Ergo my trousers conceal the lower portion of the holster, and my over-shirt or sweater conceal the upper portion. This results in perfect concealment, and yet I can still draw almost as fast as from open-carry.

So for those wanting an IWB holster I recommend an OWB one and then wearing it under your trousers on a separate gun belt.

For summers, a sleeveless cut-off sweatshirt works fine and is plenty cool, with perfect concealment.

For winters, I layer my clothing of course, with easy access to the pistol at the 3 oclock position IWB with the OWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I have no idea what an A shirt is. I googled these and did not get a straight answer....
    I believe that would be a tank top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast