Delayed gun purchase

Thread: Delayed gun purchase

1. Delayed gun purchase

Went to buy a handgun today and was told it will be delayed and that the store would call me. I have a misdemeanor I plead to.(not domestic). 10 years ago. Was max fine of $1000 and max 1 yr jail. I got probation. Can this hinder me from gun purchase?

3. Had a similar situation within the past year from something that happened 25 yrs ago. Took me near 6 months to get straightened out. If you get a denial letter at the end of the 30 days, keep appealing it. Also it would be good to have a copy of your court records from the incident to send in with your appeal notice

Quote Originally Posted by Bvorce2000 View Post
    Went to buy a handgun today and was told it will be delayed and that the store would call me. I have a misdemeanor I plead to.(not domestic). 10 years ago. Was max fine of $1000 and max 1 yr jail. I got probation. Can this hinder me from gun purchase?
    Only from an FFL. If the FFL does not hear back from NICS/FBI within 3 days, the "delay" changes to a "proceed" and they can sell you the gun.

Buy privately and there will be no delay. Bring cash. Folks who believe in the 2nd Amendment like myself don't care about the past, don't ask questions, make no record, and only accept cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Only from an FFL. If the FFL does not hear back from NICS/FBI within 3 days, the "delay" changes to a "proceed" and they can sell you the gun.

Buy privately and there will be no delay. Bring cash. Folks who believe in the 2nd Amendment like myself don't care about the past, don't ask questions, make no record, and only accept cash.
    That depends entirely upon the state of residence of the buyer. Such actions are now illegal in Washington state, among others.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    That depends entirely upon the state of residence of the buyer. Such actions are now illegal in Washington state, among others.
    Yeah I think everyone already knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Yeah I think everyone already knows that.
    You are assuming a lot about the intelligence of John Q Public -> the same John Q Public that is going to elect Hilary Clinton as President in 48 hrs.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You are assuming a lot about the intelligence of John Q Public -> the same John Q Public that is going to elect Hilary Clinton as President in 48 hrs.
    John Q Public doesn't read special interest forums like these.