Any advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any advice

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    What crime? So far all he has is a missing package. The police don't investigate missing packages, so Ken is the only person that's going to investigate.

You won't be purchasing much if you seriously attempt to impose that restriction. UPS doesn't ship firearms from ordinary folks except between "a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual." That's why practically everyone uses FedEX. Even the folks with licenses tend to shy away from UPS due to the verification requirements. And if you intend to 'punish' every carrier that loses packages now and then, you won't be using UPS either. Many frequent shippers also say FedEx has a lower loss/damage rate than UPS, but there are no true figures available to back that up. If the carriers do track those rates, and I'm certain they do, they apparently don't make them available to the public. Nobody likes to advertise their own shortcomings.
    The crime is someone forged my name to receive a package that was not meant for them

When a firearm is lost (stolen) in shipment ,local LE does get involved as well as BATFE.

It is not the fact they lost a package . It is the fact you can get very little info from Fed-X about it. Even the shipper admits this.
    Fed-X C.S. shows no more concern about this being a firearm as they would if it was just a book missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    What crime? So far all he has is a missing package. The police don't investigate missing packages, so Ken is the only person that's going to investigate.
    Someone signed for the package, i.e., certified that he/she is the legal recipient of it. Since the person was not the legal recipient of the package, this person committed theft. Since the package contained a firearm, this person committed felony theft. The driver may have committed a crime as well, depending on the circumstances.

Since the truck was miles from the delivery address when the package showed delivered, then the driver was most likely part of the crime. Shape, weight, shipping address it would be no mystery what was in the box. Call a buddy to 'meet me at ....." we get a free rifle. The driver should clearly be investigated.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Got a call from Fed-X a few minutes ago. They told me where the delivery was made and the address is in a not so good location.
    The driver is supposed to try to get it back but I hold out no hope on that. If the person who received and signed for it was honest they would have corrected the mistake ( if it really was a mistake)

I get ammo shipments and packages delivered at my house all the time. Normally no one signs for them. I travel almost every week for business so I let my wife know when to look for a delivery. If you look up the tracking number on the shippers website most of the time when it is delivered it says signed for by _____ even though nobody signed for it. The driver usually puts the my name in as if I signed for it. I have also noticed that sometimes my package will arrive but the website still shows out for delivery. Sometimes its 5 minutes and sometimes a few hours.

I asked one of the Fedex drivers about this and he said depending on how busy they are the computer in the truck may be slow to transmit the deliveries back to home office.
    I have only received firearms to my house on two occasions and they were both from UPS. This was several years ago and I cannot remember if I signed for them or not but I do recall in the last year or two that a guy ordered online a TV for a Christmas present and received an AR-15 by mistake. The carrier delivered it to the wrong address so mistakes can happen. I know you are wanting your gun but give it a few more days to see if it will work itself out.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Got a call from Fed-X a few minutes ago. They told me where the delivery was made and the address is in a not so good location.
    The driver is supposed to try to get it back but I hold out no hope on that. If the person who received and signed for it was honest they would have corrected the mistake ( if it really was a mistake)
    Was it delivered to an address with a similar name, such as "Maple Street vs. Maple Lane"?

Typically I see the same drivers for FedEx and UPS in my hood, and they probably know the area very well, and aren't going to deliver to the wrong part of town.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

8. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Was it delivered to an address with a similar name, such as "Maple Street vs. Maple Lane"?

Typically I see the same drivers for FedEx and UPS in my hood, and they probably know the area very well, and aren't going to deliver to the wrong part of town.
    Nope ! I live on Elm St. and the delivery was made on Elles Way
    My house is number 9* and the other is 5** and they are about 5-6 miles apart as the crow flies. Farther by road.

Plus the fact someone signed my name at that point seems a little crooked to me.

Nope ! I live on Elm St. and the delivery was made on Elles Way
    My house is number 9* and the other is 5** and they are about 5-6 miles apart as the crow flies. Farther by road.

Plus the fact someone signed my name at that point seems a little crooked to me.

Yes. Unless the wrongful recipient actually has the same name as you have (highly unlikely), then that person knew he was forging a signature.

Got a call from Fed-X a few minutes ago. They told me where the delivery was made and the address is in a not so good location.
    What? If the driver is really going to do that, I hope he has a deputy with him.

Let me see . . . driver (alone) goes to confront thief possessing at least one gun in bad part of town, accuse him of theft, and demand return of said gun. Uh, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post

We get a lot of deliveries too, and we also see the same drivers on their routes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast