Any advice - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    When someone else impersonates you, forges your signature, and takes possession of a shipment from a contract carrier, it is plain fraud and theft.
    You're agreeing with me again. As I said, if it were done deliberately for that purpose, that is indeed theft.
    You said no such thing, liar:

What crime? So far all he has is a missing package. The police don't investigate missing packages, so Ken is the only person that's going to investigate.
    Someone signed for the package, i.e., certified that he/she is the legal recipient of it. Since the person was not the legal recipient of the package, this person committed theft. Since the package contained a firearm, this person committed felony theft. The driver may have committed a crime as well, depending on the circumstances.
    Sorry, but that isn't correct. It's a violation to deliberately sign for someone else's US Mail package, but not for carriers like FedEx or UPS. And even with the US Mail you still have to have evidence of deliberate intent, which Ken doesn't have.
    Sorry, but you are incorrect. This has absolutely nothing to do with laws concerning the USPS. When someone else impersonates you, forges your signature, and takes possession of a shipment from a contract carrier, it is plain fraud and theft. The intent is given by signing for a package that a person is not the recipient of and taking possession of it. The name and address is usually clearly visible on the package. The person taking possession of the package was never part of the contract that the shipper, the recipient and the contract carrier are engaged in. By not immediately returning the package to the shipper, the person engaged in fraud and theft. Since the shipment is a firearm, it is felony fraud and theft. Note that the person took illegal possession of a firearm.
    You explicitly stated that deliberately signing for someone else's FedEx package is not a crime. I stated that it is. Care to explain?

3. In my opinion , FED-X HAS STOLEN MY FIREARM

Almost 9 days now and no info

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    In my opinion , FED-X HAS STOLEN MY FIREARM

Almost 9 days now and no info
    Oh, man. :(

Whenever I see you've made a new post to this thread, I hope to see that the problem has been resolved. I'm sorry that it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It seems pretty far fetched that a total stranger would innocently sign the name of someone he didn't know for a package that wasn't in his name.

If the person didn't get to see the package address before signing, how would he know to sign it "K Grant?" Just pulled a name out of the air?
    Beats me, but that still isn't proof of a crime.

You said no such thing, liar:
    Wow. You really are worked up in a lather over this.

You explicitly stated that deliberately signing for someone else's FedEx package is not a crime. I stated that it is. Care to explain?
    Sure. The original comment from me was in response to a remark about "Someone signed for the package". The later remark where I said there was agreement was a response to your comment, "someone else impersonates you, forges your signature,". You're comparing two very different circumstances. Impersonation and forgery to deliberately obtain a package is a lot different from simply signing for a package. I'm sorry you didn't catch the difference. Maybe I should have been more clear. I'll refrain from calling names.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

6. After many calls to Fed-X customer service , many posts on every forum I am on , I get nothing.
    After posting on Facebook pages and then on Fed-X's page when I told what had happened , I still had a lot C.S. replies.

Finally , after posting the local news media wanted to interview me about my stolen gun and the issues with Fed-X.
    Someone in management contacted me tonight.

After many calls to Fed-X customer service , many posts on every forum I am on , I get nothing.
    After posting on Facebook pages and then on Fed-X's page when I told what had happened , I still had a lot C.S. replies.

Finally , after posting the local news media wanted to interview me about my stolen gun and the issues with Fed-X.
    Someone in management contacted me tonight.
    Oh, man, this is like becoming a full-time occupation for you.

I hope something works out soon.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Oh, man, this is like becoming a full-time occupation for you.

I hope something works out soon.
    Thanks Reba

9. Almost 14 days since Fed-X lost/stole my firearm and nothing yet from them.

Local L.E. called yesterday and told me Fed-X had not contacted them although Fed-X told me last week they would contact my local L.E.

After dealing with many different Fed-X people , I did find out one thing.

THE RIGHT HAND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE LEFT HAND IS DOING

10. 17 days now and no info yet from Fed-X

17 days now and no info yet from Fed-X
    That sucks.

How is this being investigated now, if at all? The manufacturer filed the ATF form 3310.6, which lands in a big pile at the ATF and the firearm gets, at some point, entered into the stolen firearms database. Have you heard anything from the ATF? Is the local PD involved at all? Have you received a case number from the local PD? The ATF is pretty lethargic in investigating "small crimes", like this one.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast