Any advice - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Any advice

1. How in the world can those morons lose a gun going back to the manufacturer? I believe they require insurance on gun parcels if I remember from my block experience. I would think that you can easily and cheaply enough drag them to Small Claims Court. If it was me I'd contact the company and get them looking for it. I can't see someone working there just taking your gun, that's ******** just making lame excuses. See what they can find as they get a steady stream of guns all the time and surely have a process to track everything throughout. Surely they will be able to tell you if they received it at all which will put the ball right back in Fedexs court and responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Here's the deal with UPS, FEDEX and the US Post Office when a package is lost or stolen. It's not the recipient that files the claim with the carrier. It is the shipper. Mr. ken grant should report the missing firearm to the ATF and local police, but everything else regarding the claim of the missing package needs to be handled by the shipper - not by Mr. ken grant. For example, if you want to sue someone for the value of the missing item, you have to sue the shipper, if required. The shipper will then sue the carrier. The recipient carries no weight with the carrier, because it isn't the recipient that paid the carrier for the service. Even if the recipient pays the shipper a shipping and handling charge - it is still the shipper that paid the carrier and the shipper that should have the receipt from the carrier for the package. Mr. ken grant is simply dealing with the wrong company. He needs to deal with the shipper that tendered the package to FEDEX, not FEDEX.

The title of this thread is "any advice". My advice is quit trying to get FEDEX to do anything about it. Deal with the shipper only and let them deal with FEDEX.
    I am already doing what you suggest except I am still posting on social media and forums about how FedEx lost/stole my firearm and put it in unknown hands.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    ...Now they want to claim the shipper did not ship it as a "hazardous material" (which it is not, and it does not present any hazard, as it does not present any explosive, chemical, flammable or bio-hazard threats)...
    But haven't you heard? Guns kill thousands of people every day. All by themselves. Or was it millions of people every day? Hard to remember. But obviously an object that's as dangerous as a small nuclear weapon MUST be shipped as hazardous material!
    [/sarcasm]
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

5. I hope who ever has my .45 Carbine that FedEx gave him has a VERY UN-MERRY CHRISTMAS and the DRIVER who did it as well.

I agree. I hope your Christmas goes well too.

Fed Ex had me sign for a package on Thursday before giving it to me to inspect. Made me think of this thread. Unfortunately it wasn't addressed to you, Ken. That would have to have been the most amazing coincidence in history. Was kind of an amusing thought though.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I hope who ever has my .45 Carbine that FedEx gave him has a VERY UN-MERRY CHRISTMAS and the DRIVER who did it as well.
    What are you actually doing to solve this with the party who currently legally owns and shipped that weapon to you? We know you're pursuing it with Fed-Ex and law enforcement, but as someone above mentioned a few days ago, you're getting nowhere with them because you never took possession of the weapon, which legally means you have yet to take ownership of it, which also legally means that the shipper does still legally own it and it is up to them to recover it. In the meantime, your purchase is incomplete with that same legal owner/shipper, and they still owe you either a full refund or a replacement weapon. What are you doing with them to make one of those things come to pass?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    What are you actually doing to solve this with the party who currently legally owns and shipped that weapon to you? We know you're pursuing it with Fed-Ex and law enforcement, but as someone above mentioned a few days ago, you're getting nowhere with them because you never took possession of the weapon, which legally means you have yet to take ownership of it, which also legally means that the shipper does still legally own it and it is up to them to recover it. In the meantime, your purchase is incomplete with that same legal owner/shipper, and they still owe you either a full refund or a replacement weapon. What are you doing with them to make one of those things come to pass?

Blues
    The shipper did not own the firearm. I did! It was sent in for repairs

No matter to me that the shipper is responsible for the lost/stolen firearm.
    The screw up was totally FedEx's fault.
    Delivered a firearm miles from where it was supposed to go , to an address that was not even close to the same street name and even a different zip code.
    Did not require an I.D. to sign for the firearm and no telling if the receiver could even own a firearm by law.
    Someone's butt should go to jail for this.
    The ATF is hell on FFL holders and should be the same way on carriers that lose/steal firearms.

I would challenge their denial of the claim because it as not shipped as "hazardous material" A firearm is metal and wood or polymer plastic, and poses zero hazards when being shipped by air, sea, or land.... just like a Mr. Coffee coffee maker.

Also their own information about shipping hazardous material does not mention "firearms" at all. Yes, ammunition is considered hazardous material in regards to shipping, but I think there is also a rule that ammo and firearms cannot be shipped together.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

10. Any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It seems pretty far fetched that a total stranger would innocently sign the name of someone he didn't know for a package that wasn't in his name.

If the person didn't get to see the package address before signing, how would he know to sign it "K Grant?" Just pulled a name out of the air?
    Maybe FedEx guy has a regular Ken Grant on his route and he saw the name and took it to that Ken instead of our Ken. That would explain why it was delivered in the wrong part of town and signed for by K Grant.

Now, I personally HATE FedEx because I've had so many lost deliveries from them and I admit this is a pretty far-fetched scenario, but maybe???

And maybe that guy HAS tried to return the package but is getting the same "meh" attitude from FedEx that our Ken is getting.

EDIT: Should have read all the way through. Good for you, Ken, for taking them on from every angle. If anyone in your family has a Twitter account, make noise about it there too. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The shipper did not own the firearm. I did! It was sent in for repairs
    Oops. My bad. I forgot that detail. But...

No matter to me that the shipper is responsible for the lost/stolen firearm.
    Responsible means responsible, it doesn't mean no matter to you or anyone else. The shipper is responsible, and it is their legal obligation to make you whole, and it is law enforcement's obligation to protect the legally responsible party from incurring economic harm from fraud, no matter who the fraud is perpetrated by, Fed-Ex or the wrong recipient, or both.

The screw up was totally FedEx's fault.
    Assuming that the shipper didn't put the wrong address on the label, yes, that's true, but it's still the shipper's legal responsibility to make you whole. If they need to file legal actions to make themselves whole with Fed-Ex and/or the wrong recipient, then so be it, but were it me, I'd be mostly concerned with making myself whole and let the other parties hash it out betwixt themselves.

Delivered a firearm miles from where it was supposed to go , to an address that was not even close to the same street name and even a different zip code.
    Did not require an I.D. to sign for the firearm and no telling if the receiver could even own a firearm by law.
    Someone's butt should go to jail for this.
    The ATF is hell on FFL holders and should be the same way on carriers that lose/steal firearms.
    All true, but stating it over and over again, and not pursuing being made whole by the legal responsible party in relation to you ain't gonna help you out one bit.

I asked a simple question - What are you doing to hold the legally responsible party to you - the shipper - accountable for your financial/property loss? The above holds everybody except the responsible party to you accountable, but you're the only one holding them accountable because law enforcement, Fed-Ex or the wrong recipient ain't gonna volunteer responsibility when it's beyond obvious that the shipper is the only responsible party to you.

Hold out if you want to for law enforcement and/or Fed-Ex to volunteer to serve your interests when they are not legally tied to you at all. Only the shipper is legally tied to you. Holding out seems rather a pointless stand to take in light of that fact.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast