Any advice - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any advice

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Same here
    [QUOTE=ken grant;611181]With UPS I know the driver that serves me the most. Well enough to honk horns and wave to each other.
    With Fed

4. The shipper has settled with me although FedEx has not settled with them. All I am doing is pointing out everywhere I can what a sorry service FedEx has.

Ken Grant , So the shipper has made you whole. If the shipper is willing to accept your help you can provide them with the case number provided to you from the police and the BATF. Then the shipper can have them look into what happened to the package. Since Fedex delivered it to an address the police should be able to go there and speak to whoever lives there. Then after speaking with that person hopefully interview the FedEx driver who delivered the package to the wrong address. If all goes well they should be able to find out where your gun is. FedEx and UP drivers have been caught stealing packages but it usually takes them (UPS & FedEx) working with the police to catch them in the act.

6. My local LEO contact said it would be a stroke of luck if the firearm was recovered

I'm glad that the shipper settled with you.

Sometimes it's better to get cash instead of getting the stolen object back. After unknown people have been handling the object it's not always the same as before.

Of course, there is no satisfactory "payback" for the time lost and aggravation suffered but a settlement is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I'm glad that the shipper settled with you.

Sometimes it's better to get cash instead of getting the stolen object back. After unknown people have been handling the object it's not always the same as before.

Of course, there is no satisfactory "payback" for the time lost and aggravation suffered but a settlement is better than nothing.
    If this had happened to me, I'd feel the same way. Some folks treat their property (or that which they've stolen) poorly and if that was the case here, it'd probably have to go back for additional repairs....a vicious cycle to be sure.

Ken, I hope you got a good bit of coin back and end up with something better than which you lost. Now that'd be justice!
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678