Any advice
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any advice

1. Any advice

I sent a carbine back to a Mfg. for repairs a couple of weeks ago.
    Thursday I got an E-mail from Fed-X with a tracking number and a delivery date for Friday before end of the day.
    At 7PM on Friday I checked the tracking because I had not received it.
    Fed-X showed It had been delivered and signed for at 3:51PM on Friday. I did not get it or sign for it.
    I called Fed-X customer service at that time and reported it. They where no help except to make a report. They did give me a number of a local office to call Saturday morning.
    Called several times before I got someone and again no help. Lady said she would pass it on and someone would contact me shortly.

No one has contacted me so far. It is now 7PM Saturday night.
    Since the carbine is on record as belonging to me and is not under my control and Fed-X doesn't know where it is maybe I should report the problem to my local LEO and also ATF.

Any suggestions welcome

Record all the events associated with this incident, names, dates, and any thing else you can. You can bet if that weapon has been stolen and used in a crime, someone will surely be knocking on your door once it is recovered. Cover Your Anatomy!

If you don't hear anything back from FedEx on Monday, file a police report. It is not your responsibility to investigate a crime, just to report it.

Tomorrow you should try to contact the FedEx office near you that was responsible for delivering your package. I've been in this predicament before and calling the 1-800 number isn't much help. If you don't know which town your package was sent to where it was transferred from the truck to the delivery van, you can go back to the tracking page of FedEx's website and look under the shipment log. Call them up and and tell them they miss-delivered your package so they can find out which driver had it on their route and where they left it.

This time of year, both FedEx and UPS hire a lot of temp drivers from outside companies to handle the demand and sometimes they drop packages at the wrong house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Fed-X has no customer service that even cares they lost a firearm.

No one will return my calls . All they will say is "we are sorry about your package"

I reported to the shipper , local LE and will do the same to the BATFE today.

I will never purchase any thing , any where from someone who uses Fed-X for shipping. I have never had problems with UPS and have used them many times.

In the past , I have had 5-6 shipments coming via Fed-X and had problems with 3 of them.

NO MORE FED-X FOR ME !!

Any advice

Did you call up the local fedex that delivered your package so they can at least figure out where their driver left it?? Go check at the post office too. Sometimes people will leave miss-delivered packages there.......well, at least the honest people do, anyways.

8. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Did you call up the local fedex that delivered your package so they can at least figure out where their driver left it?? Go check at the post office too. Sometimes people will leave miss-delivered packages there.......well, at least the honest people do, anyways.

Yes , several times but no info so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Yes , several times but no info so far.
    Wow. Out of all the times I've had to deal with packages delivered to the wrong address where I live, I've never had a problem dealing with the delivering facility, not someone from the national 800 number.

10. did get a call from Fed-X this afternoon.
    When the delivery was closed out as delivered , the truck was nowhere close to my home , in fact it was miles away.
    No word on who signed my name and driver has not been contacted at the time of the call.
    They said they would call me back first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    If you don't hear anything back from FedEx on Monday, file a police report. It is not your responsibility to investigate a crime, just to report it.
    What crime? So far all he has is a missing package. The police don't investigate missing packages, so Ken is the only person that's going to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I will never purchase any thing , any where from someone who uses Fed-X for shipping. I have never had problems with UPS and have used them many times.
    You won't be purchasing much if you seriously attempt to impose that restriction. UPS doesn't ship firearms from ordinary folks except between "a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual." That's why practically everyone uses FedEX. Even the folks with licenses tend to shy away from UPS due to the verification requirements. And if you intend to 'punish' every carrier that loses packages now and then, you won't be using UPS either. Many frequent shippers also say FedEx has a lower loss/damage rate than UPS, but there are no true figures available to back that up. If the carriers do track those rates, and I'm certain they do, they apparently don't make them available to the public. Nobody likes to advertise their own shortcomings.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast