Question about denial

Thread: Question about denial

1. Question about denial

Hey guys, first time posting here but I refernce this forum often. I've searched for discussions on this topic but cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I went to buy another gun the other day and was delayed...normal stuff. Well it came back two days later as denied...wth. So I submitted my prints to nics and started the appeal process. I know that process can take time so I went ahead and also submitted my prints to have a personal background check done and mailed to me.

I got a response from nics first, letting me know I was denied due to a warrant, they usually give no details initially. So I awaited my personal check. It came back the other day and flagged an out of state warrant for an unpaid traffic violation from 2011. Weird it never hit the system and was not put in when I got it back then, I checked with the clerk relentlessly and chalked it up as good luck that it never got turned it. Probably dumb on my part.

Anyway, to my question. The ticket and all fees have been taken care of. Anyone have an idea of how long it will take for nics to clear things up so I can purchase a firearm? I can't seem to get ahold of anyone with nics on any number I have, they're apparently not taking calls today, every day....

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion would be to contact the county clerk an have them send you proof of payment, then request it be removed from NCIS.

Sixgun's suggestion sounds like a winner to me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sixgun1 View Post
    My suggestion would be to contact the county clerk an have them send you proof of payment, then request it be removed from NCIS.
    And take forever. The Feds are notoriously slow in removing ANYTHING from NIC. If you can, get a good Attorney to do it for you, Cost a few $$$$$$, but if you can afford t, its worth the time.

NIC
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

6. Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    And take forever. The Feds are notoriously slow in removing ANYTHING from NIC. If you can, get a good Attorney to do it for you, Cost a few $$$$$$, but if you can afford t, its worth the time.

NIC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Quote Originally Posted by southernborn View Post
    Hey guys, first time posting here but I refernce this forum often. I've searched for discussions on this topic but cannot seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I went to buy another gun the other day and was delayed...normal stuff. Well it came back two days later as denied...wth. So I submitted my prints to nics and started the appeal process. I know that process can take time so I went ahead and also submitted my prints to have a personal background check done and mailed to me.

I got a response from nics first, letting me know I was denied due to a warrant, they usually give no details initially. So I awaited my personal check. It came back the other day and flagged an out of state warrant for an unpaid traffic violation from 2011. Weird it never hit the system and was not put in when I got it back then, I checked with the clerk relentlessly and chalked it up as good luck that it never got turned it. Probably dumb on my part.

Anyway, to my question. The ticket and all fees have been taken care of. Anyone have an idea of how long it will take for nics to clear things up so I can purchase a firearm? I can't seem to get ahold of anyone with nics on any number I have, they're apparently not taking calls today, every day....

Thanks in advance.
    I didn't do a lot with NCIC but pick people up and hand them over to agencies. I did get to know the system pretty well. It's always been my understanding that when officer Joe blow put in a hit on the system that want had to be taken out by him or at least the PD who initiated it. I know it's not directly related but may work the same way. If it was me I would go to that PD and see if they /will be able to help you. That's a good start anyway. My next question would be why on earth would an unpaid ticket put you in the same league as a felon?. Lastly could you be a victim of some guys alias. It happens a lot if you have a Hispanic or common name all the time.
    There is something weird about all this as I can't see how an unpaid parking ticket puts you in the same league as a felon?? It might just be as simple as a key stroke on a secretaries computers. Like most of these things it's better if you can show up in person and have all the documents in hand if practical and do try to make an appointment in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk