Help needed with National Reciprocity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with National Reciprocity

This is to announce a joint effort put together by Lock N Load, arbalestquarrel.com and ammoland.com. We are pushing National Carry. Proper National Carry, not a Federal Firearm Permit. Arbalestquarrel.com(Stephen D'Andrilli and Roger Katz) has a line of communication with Mike Pence. We wish to build a petition, calling for National Reciprocity, and fire it up the chain in Feb 2017.
    If you would like your name on this, email me at [email protected] and simply say so. We are not selling email addresses or going to contact you in anyway, for anything other than National Reciprocity. No funding requests.
    Thank you for your attention.
    Bill Frady
    Lock N Load with Bill Frady
    Genesis Communications Network
    My Thoughts:
    I've worked with Bill for years and this man is doing everything he can to promote National Reciprocity, send him an E-mail if you would like to assist him in his goal.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Well, at least they didn't falsely put the word Constitutional in the title. Still does not get around the Federal 1000' School zone prohibition, though. New York wants to mess with you, for example, sit in a school zone and stop every car with out-of-state license plates for going 1 MPH over the school zone speed limit and the first question asked, "Do you have any weapons in the car or on your person?" Everything gets covered: probable cause for the stop? Yep - violating the law by speeding in a school zone. Person had reasonable cause to believe they were in a school zone (required by the Gun Free school zone statue)? Yep, they passed the school zone speed limit sign. Out of state license or permit meet the requirements of the exemption for carrying a loaded firearm in a school zone? Nope, regardless of the passage of this reciprocity bill - because the exemption to the Federal prohibition says the license for the firearm must be issued (not recognized, the word is issued) by the same state the school zone is located in. And a new reciprocity law would not apply because they all start with "not prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm" and the Federal Gun Free School Zone law would prohibit the person from possessing the firearm.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Well, at least they didn't falsely put the word Constitutional in the title. Still does not get around the Federal 1000' School zone prohibition, though. New York wants to mess with you, for example, sit in a school zone and stop every car with out-of-state license plates for going 1 MPH over the school zone speed limit and the first question asked, "Do you have any weapons in the car or on your person?" Everything gets covered: probable cause for the stop? Yep - violating the law by speeding in a school zone. Person had reasonable cause to believe they were in a school zone (required by the Gun Free school zone statue)? Yep, they passed the school zone speed limit sign. Out of state license or permit meet the requirements of the exemption for carrying a loaded firearm in a school zone? Nope, regardless of the passage of this reciprocity bill - because the exemption to the Federal prohibition says the license for the firearm must be issued (not recognized, the word is issued) by the same state the school zone is located in. And a new reciprocity law would not apply because they all start with "not prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm" and the Federal Gun Free School Zone law would prohibit the person from possessing the firearm.
    All true, plus the added Commerce Clause regulatory authority overriding the Second Amendment rights of The People. Though not specifically articulated as a Commerce Clause-based piece of legislation in the First Draft that bofh linked to, we can only presume that the Commerce Clause will be the "Constitutional Authority" listed when this bill is ultimately introduced on the Floor of the House since all others have had that as their "constitutional authority" before.

It may be sometime after most of us are dead and gone, but gun owners will ultimately rue the day they handed authority to carry guns over to the regulatory authorities of Congress. Heck, it could start happening in 2017 before the ink is dry on Trump's signature, but mark my words, it will happen sometime.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    All true, plus the added Commerce Clause regulatory authority overriding the Second Amendment rights of The People. Though not specifically articulated as a Commerce Clause-based piece of legislation in the First Draft that bofh linked to, we can only presume that the Commerce Clause will be the "Constitutional Authority" listed when this bill is ultimately introduced on the Floor of the House since all others have had that as their "constitutional authority" before.

It may be sometime after most of us are dead and gone, but gun owners will ultimately rue the day they handed authority to carry guns over to the regulatory authorities of Congress. Heck, it could start happening in 2017 before the ink is dry on Trump's signature, but mark my words, it will happen sometime.

Blues
    The exact same "Constitutional" authority that is used in the Gun Free School Zone Act:
    "a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce,"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act will happen.
    National Reciprocity a Reality Under President Trump - Breitbart

8. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act will happen.
    National Reciprocity a Reality Under President Trump - Breitbart
    Just not in your lifetime... sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Just not in your lifetime... sorry!
    Yep - it will take at least one lifetime for Nationwide Carry Reciprocity to survive a Democrat filibuster in the Senate. Just like everything else the Republicans will attempt to do. And in two years, instead of taking care of the problem by electing a super majority of Republicans to the Senate, ignorant American voters will just vote more Democrats to the Senate and give them a simple majority and all the will continue to get accomplished is nothing.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Yep - it will take at least one lifetime for Nationwide Carry Reciprocity to survive a Democrat filibuster in the Senate. Just like everything else the Republicans will attempt to do. And in two years, instead of taking care of the problem by electing a super majority of Republicans to the Senate, ignorant American voters will just vote more Democrats to the Senate and give them a simple majority and all the will continue to get accomplished is nothing.
    Ah.... the American way...

Be careful what you wish for..... When and where you can carry a gun controlled solely by the federal government will be far more restrictive than what we have today.

You argue that we have a 2A friendly president about to take office, but what about the next time the tide turns and anti-gun liberals retake control, and now they will have control of carry laws. Would you want Obama or Hillary or someone that thinks like them to have control of carry laws?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast