Nics - a.d.d. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nics - a.d.d.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
    Yeah. As much as I like the weather here in Southern California, I am thinking of moving to Arizona.

Here is the full page in which that law is mentioned.

12125 thru 12133 Handgun Safety Testing - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
    Now there is a good idea....
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    One must be "adjudicated as mentally defective". This is different than being diagnosed. Adjudication requires a decision from a judge, jury, or medical PANEL. The NRA was insistent on this, as a diagnosis (by one doctor) could efffect thousands of active, former, or retired military who may have been diagnosed with PTSD.
    That's correct. Another factor is if you were involuntarily committed to an institution. Voluntary admission does not hurt you buying a firearm.

See: Federal Bureau of Investigation - NICS Index
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    That's correct. Another factor is if you were involuntarily committed to an institution. Voluntary admission does not hurt you buying a firearm.

See: Federal Bureau of Investigation - NICS Index
    Sounds like I am ok then.

It's just scary when you start reading, and people say things that make you think you might be permanently screwed.

Seriously, something as harmless (relatively speaking) as ADD can keep someone from owning firearms? I could maybe understand depression or schizophrenia, but ADD? Come on!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Toreskha,
    He's refering to Kalifornia's micro-stamping law. Only one company has the technology, 3 different gun manufacturers testified that the bill would require massive re-tooling at the factories, and the mechanism can be negated in minutes with a fingernail file, or simply replacing the firing pin, but the legislators passed the bill anyway.
    That's what I was referring to.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12