How much is too much? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 125

Thread: How much is too much?

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I gave an example, and not the coroner's report of this shooting. If you come to a force-on-force class, I can easily show you how you are more likely to hit extremities than the torso in a close-up fight like this one. The real world is nothing like a 180-degree squared range.
    There you go trying to sell me something. That's what I've been sayibg this whole time, the mall ninja culture just uses fear to sell a product. That's all it is.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    There you go trying to sell me something. That's what I've been sayibg this whole time, the mall ninja culture just uses fear to sell a product. That's all it is.
    I am not selling you anything. Your post just proves my point. Thank you for that.

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I gave an example, and not the coroner's report of this shooting. If you come to a force-on-force class, I can easily show you how you are more likely to hit extremities than the torso in a close-up fight like this one. The real world is nothing like a 180-degree squared range.

    For example, a natural reaction in a fight is to put arms and hands in front as protection against the other person. The robber was likely not prepared to actually use the gun as he did not fire a single shot. Once he realized that he was in over his head, he likely put his arms and hands in front, resulting in 8 hits to the arms.

    Your argument in post #83 was that the shooter was a bad shot. My argument in post #88 was that you have no clue about self defense scenarios and that you didn't even bother to read the article before commenting.
    So now your argument relyes on people showing up in person and paying you money for a class? HA!

    The vast majority of self defence shootings are over in 0-2 shots: Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters (With Data Tables)

    Since the whole incident will be over in 2 shots and you think you need a spare mag for malfunctions, you think your auto will malfunction within 2 shots.

    So either your auto is crap, or you don't maintain your auto, or you're a bad shot, or you're whole argument is wrong.

    You don't need a spare mag. Only mall-ninjas trying to sell you something say that; like you trying to sell me a class lol.

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    So now your argument relyes on people showing up in person and paying you money for a class? HA!

    The vast majority of self defence shootings are over in 0-2 shots: Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters (With Data Tables)

    Since the whole incident will be over in 2 shots and you think you need a spare mag for malfunctions, you think your auto will malfunction within 2 shots.

    So either your auto is crap, or you don't maintain your auto, or you're a bad shot, or you're whole argument is wrong.

    You don't need a spare mag. Only mall-ninjas trying to sell you something say that; like you trying to sell me a class lol.
    I am happy to take your money. I don't own a firearms training school or range, but if you are willing to pay me anyway, sure. My post was an invitation. I guess you just couldn't handle that. Too bad.

    Everyone knows that the vast majority of self defense shootings are over in 0 to a few shots, but some self defense shootings are not. I chose not to become a victim of those. You chose to forfeit your life if it ever comes to that. Your choice, not mine.

    The rest of your post is making up a straw man argument that not a single poster in this thread or forum supports.

    I guess that means Luke McCoy, the founder of USA Carry, and Col Ben Findley are a mall ninjas too, right?

    Luke McCoy | Is It Better To Have Magazine Capacity Or More Magazines?
    Luke McCoy | Secrets of Concealed Carry That Everyone Misses
    Luke McCoy | 5 Items You Should Carry Other Than Your Gun
    Ben Findley | Pistol RELOADS: Methods, Considerations, and Magazine Tips
    Ben Findley | Top Concealed Carry 9mms: Subcompacts & Compacts

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I am happy to take your money. I don't own a firearms training school or range, but if you are willing to pay me anyway, sure. My post was an invitation. I guess you just couldn't handle that. Too bad.

    Everyone knows that the vast majority of self defense shootings are over in 0 to a few shots, but some self defense shootings are not. I chose not to become a victim of those. You chose to forfeit your life if it ever comes to that. Your choice, not mine.

    The rest of your post is making up a straw man argument that not a single poster in this thread or forum supports.

    I guess that means Luke McCoy, the founder of USA Carry, and Col Ben Findley are a mall ninjas too, right?

    Luke McCoy | Is It Better To Have Magazine Capacity Or More Magazines?
    Luke McCoy | Secrets of Concealed Carry That Everyone Misses
    Luke McCoy | 5 Items You Should Carry Other Than Your Gun
    Ben Findley | Pistol RELOADS: Methods, Considerations, and Magazine Tips
    Ben Findley | Top Concealed Carry 9mms: Subcompacts & Compacts
    hit a nerve, i did

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Mr. "I'm gona start killing people" thinks he has something to say. How cute.

    -Cylinders are harder to get out of timing than an auto is to get the slide just out of battery so it won't fire. Cylinders out of timing are corrected in less time than it took you to read this sentence.

    -Bad primers and bullets are caused by bad amunition and occure in auto's amunition as well. NATO rifle cartrages have crimped primers for a reason. Buy quality ammo and inspect every round.

    -Reloading speed is a matter of practice. Mr Yeager should take a class.

    I note he didn't mention how revolvers are far easier to conceal than autos, which is the main reason I carry a revolver instead of an auto.



    You seem to think you have all the answers about what weapon to carry, extra ammunition, etc, but you are going solely on your own thoughts. One in particular is the carry of a revolver. My wife has a S&W .38 Chief's Special which she can carry in her purse, is easily accessible, and no printing. On the other hand, my revolver is a S&W Mod. 586 .357 with a 4" bbl. I don't care who you are, or your body size, that weapon is very difficult to conceal. I have several semi-autos, from .380 up to a 1911, which are are more easily concealed than my revolver, consequently, I always carry one of them rather than it. I don't use a speed loader to reload the revolver so loading one individual round at a time would not be conducive to having a good outcome in a gunfight. When I carry the semi-auto, I have at least two extra magazines, simply to satisfy myself, not to appease someone I don't know on a gun forum. Some of those responding to you have some credible qualifications from which to form an opinion, how about you?

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    hit a nerve, i did
    That seems to be your primary objective.

    You post drivel and c r a p to see what responses you can get.

    You therefore sound like a high school kid.

    Even your avatar looks like that of a high school kid.

    High school kids' brains are not yet fully mature.

    That explains your problem.

    Welcome to my ignore list, child.

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    You seem to think you have all the answers about what weapon to carry, extra ammunition, etc, but you are going solely on your own thoughts.
    This tells me you haven't reviewed any of the material I've linked, not the videos of the policeman why carries a revolver for it's shape (no slide backing to catch on the pocket, how it doesn't look like a gun even when it prints) or the old colector who switched to revolvers since he can't train like he used to and also now has a job requiring business attire.

    You speak of me from ignorence.

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    That seems to be your primary objective.

    You post drivel and c r a p to see what responses you can get.

    You therefore sound like a high school kid.

    Even your avatar looks like that of a high school kid.

    High school kids' brains are not yet fully mature.

    That explains your problem.

    Welcome to my ignore list, child.
    super mad.

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    hit a nerve, i did
    Yup, zero, you got nada. Keep trolling.

    At least you have shown your true intentions in this forum.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast