How much is too much? - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 125

Thread: How much is too much?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Or just carry a revolver and leave all that tacticool mallninja gear at home :)
    Even with a revolver you would need a few "clips" of ammo with you. In fact, more so because many revolvers only hold 5 to 6 cartridges.

    So the issue does not go away with a revolver -- it actually gets worse.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17
    Thank God we can order groceries online and have them delivered. Pretty soon the only reason to leave the house will be to refill the gas tank on the APC.
    I've been around longer than you thought. What did I miss?
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...tml#post580655

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Thank God we can order groceries online and have them delivered. Pretty soon the only reason to leave the house will be to refill the gas tank on the APC.
    Are you hermits?

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Are you hermits?
    lol, no. just having some fun.
    I've been around longer than you thought. What did I miss?
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...tml#post580655

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The difference is being dead or alive. No one likely dies from bringing a magazine or two, but from leaving spare magazines at home. That's why I added the sentence: "Think about that for a moment."
    Document an example of a private citizen being killed due to not having an extra mag.

    A good observation was made earlier, that in all these self-defence shootings that are posted on this forum, every single one of them was over in 2 shots, and not one of them experienced a magaziene problem.

    I think all the hype over carrying reloads are just mall ninjas trying to sell you something and/or get views on their YouTube channel. Prove me wrong.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Mr. "I'm gona start killing people" thinks he has something to say. How cute.

    -Cylinders are harder to get out of timing than an auto is to get the slide just out of battery so it won't fire. Cylinders out of timing are corrected in less time than it took you to read this sentence.

    -Bad primers and bullets are caused by bad amunition and occure in auto's amunition as well. NATO rifle cartrages have crimped primers for a reason. Buy quality ammo and inspect every round.

    -Reloading speed is a matter of practice. Mr Yeager should take a class.

    I note he didn't mention how revolvers are far easier to conceal than autos, which is the main reason I carry a revolver instead of an auto.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Mr. "I'm gona start killing people" thinks he has something to say. How cute.

    -Cylinders are harder to get out of timing than an auto is to get the slide just out of battery so it won't fire. Cylinders out of timing are corrected in less time than it took you to read this sentence.

    -Bad primers and bullets are caused by bad amunition and occure in auto's amunition as well. NATO rifle cartrages have crimped primers for a reason. Buy quality ammo and inspect every round.

    -Reloading speed is a matter of practice. Mr Yeager should take a class.

    I note he didn't mention how revolvers are far easier to conceal than autos, which is the main reason I carry a revolver instead of an auto.
    So, you got nothing. Starting out with an off-topic comment about something that happened years ago and that you apparently still don't understand. Continuing on with a number of statements that are in part irrelevant and in part confirming James' argument.

    You won't be able to fix timing or a primer walking out during a gun fight. Revolver malfunctions are catastrophic, semi-auto malfunctions are fixable. I didn't know that you can shoot NATO rifle cartridges out of revolvers.

    As or reloading speed, not everyone can reload a revolver as fast as Jerry Miculek, but everyone can reload a semi-auto in the same amount of time.

    Revolvers are generally the same size as semi-autos, but thicker due to the cylinder and have less rounds. Tell me again how they are easier to conceal. Which revolver do you exactly carry?

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    I note he didn't mention how revolvers are far easier to conceal than autos, which is the main reason I carry a revolver instead of an auto.
    Really? Do tell us how you have come to that conclusion.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Revolvers are generally the same size as semi-autos, but thicker due to the cylinder and have less rounds. Tell me again how they are easier to conceal.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Really? Do tell us how you have come to that conclusion.
    This police officer explains it well:

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Document an example of a private citizen being killed due to not having an extra mag.

    A good observation was made earlier, that in all these self-defence shootings that are posted on this forum, every single one of them was over in 2 shots, and not one of them experienced a magaziene problem.

    I think all the hype over carrying reloads are just mall ninjas trying to sell you something and/or get views on their YouTube channel. Prove me wrong.
    Again it is your choice not to carry spare ammunition. I don't have to show you any documentation of incidents as I stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The difference is being dead or alive. No one likely dies from bringing a magazine or two, but from leaving spare magazines at home. That's why I added the sentence: "Think about that for a moment."
    Notice the bold? If we only would need to prepare for likely events, then life would be much easier.

    The problem with your argument is that self defense cases are rarely documented well, so we do not know how often one actually needed to use a spare magazine, because this information is mostly not publicly available. If you would take training classes, you would hear personal anecdotes from time to time.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast