How much is too much? - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 125

Thread: How much is too much?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    If we only would need to prepare for likely events, then life would be much easier.
    So likely that you can't cite it ever happening ever.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    This police officer explains it well:
    So, you are comparing a 5-round revolver with an 11-round double-stack semi-auto. Thats more than twice the capacity, i.e., an apples and oranges comparison. How about comparing the revolver with the 7-round Glock 43 or a 7-round Kahr PM9, but that would be a fair comparison?

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    So, you are comparing a 5-round revolver with an 11-round double-stack semi-auto. Thats more than twice the capacity, i.e., an apples and oranges comparison. How about comparing the revolver with the 7-round Glock 43 or a 7-round Kahr PM9, but that would be a fair comparison?
    If you had watched the video, the officer began with Glock itself adveretising their G26 as equivalent to j-frames. Your objection is with Glock, not me. If you disagree with Glock that their G26 is not comparable with j-frames then you should write Glock and ask them to stop.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Thank God we can order groceries online and have them delivered. Pretty soon the only reason to leave the house will be to refill the gas tank on the APC.
    I get gas once each week on Friday afternoon on my way home from work. This usually lasts me another week if I don't leave town.

    I get groceries on Saturday mornings after I have run out of food for the week. Bacon, eggs, milk, wine, bread, butter, jam & jelly, meat, potatoes, onions, gravy mix, fruit, booze, and any condiments I need like flour, sugar, catsup, ham & cheese, etc.

    If the N.Korean's are going to wack us it will be on a Sunday morning same as the Japanese did.

  6. #45
    I don't like plastic guns.

  7. #46
    There is no good reason to have a revolver anymore either.

    If a 45ACP won't kill it then you need a pump action shotgun loaded alternatingly with magnum slugs and double-aught buckshot.

    And if that won't kill it then you need an elephant gun.

    Either way a revolver is an obsolete technology.

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Even with a revolver you would need a few "clips" of ammo with you. In fact, more so because many revolvers only hold 5 to 6 cartridges.

    So the issue does not go away with a revolver -- it actually gets worse.
    5 or 6 rounds, yes, that's 3 or 4 more rounds than needed. No reloads required.

    Holster companies like AlienGear use fear to sell you their latest mag holder. That's all it is.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The problem with your argument is that self defense cases are rarely documented well...
    Excuse me but the police document self defence shootings very well, to include forensics.

  10. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    5 or 6 rounds, yes, that's 3 or 4 more rounds than needed. No reloads required.
    Do you have crystal balls (implants) ??

    Otherwise you have no idea how many bad guys you will be up against and what they will be carrying.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    If you had watched the video, the officer began with Glock itself adveretising their G26 as equivalent to j-frames. Your objection is with Glock, not me. If you disagree with Glock that their G26 is not comparable with j-frames then you should write Glock and ask them to stop.
    I don't make personal decisions based on advertisements, but on raw data. I have a bridge to sell you, by the way.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast