How much is too much? - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 125

Thread: How much is too much?

  1. I don't even carry ammo. I just open carry a gun with an empty magazine inserted. The criminal sees the gun and leaves me alone.

    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #82
    Yah ammo it too heavy to lug around. Just carry an empty gun.

    :D

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Bad shooters need more ammo because they miss a lot? Ok, I'll give you that.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Weird title. It sounds like the man shot a robber who was already dead 11 times.

    In the story, from the location of the shots in the robber's body, it seems that it only took the one shot to the heart to kill the robber. Of course, we don't know if the killing shot was #1 or #11 or somewhere in-between.

    I don't understand this statement: "It helped that the deceased robber was now identified as a murderer in the second case."

    I thought that the guy the robber shot previously didn't die. "After his death, the robber was identified as the suspect in a shooting that happened two weeks earlier. In that case, a 35 year old victim was shot in the head and was later able to identify his attacker as the now deceased robber."

    It would be interesting to know what the shooter used and the timeline of the shots. Oh, well.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I don't understand this statement: "It helped that the deceased robber was now identified as a murderer in the second case."
    That statement is 100% pure BS because a criminal's past history has no bearing on a self defense shooting unless it can be proven that the person doing the shooting in self defense had prior knowledge of the criminal's history which would add to a reasonable fear.

  7. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Bad shooters need more ammo because they miss a lot? Ok, I'll give you that.
    It looks like your crystal ball implants are now also allowing you to foresee where your own bullets will land.

    I am guessing that your crystal ball visions are seeing the bullets go straight into the medulla.

    The medulla is a small portion of the brain about the size of your clenched fist.

    I doubt you can pull this off. Even though your crystal ball visions seem to continue unabated.

  8. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Weird title. It sounds like the man shot a robber who was already dead 11 times.

    In the story, from the location of the shots in the robber's body, it seems that it only took the one shot to the heart to kill the robber. Of course, we don't know if the killing shot was #1 or #11 or somewhere in-between.

    I don't understand this statement: "It helped that the deceased robber was now identified as a murderer in the second case."

    I thought that the guy the robber shot previously didn't die. "After his death, the robber was identified as the suspect in a shooting that happened two weeks earlier. In that case, a 35 year old victim was shot in the head and was later able to identify his attacker as the now deceased robber."

    It would be interesting to know what the shooter used and the timeline of the shots. Oh, well.
    Grammar and syntax are not great in the newspaper business.

    It should have read "shot-dead".

    And the gist was that this was a career criminal.

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Bad shooters need more ammo because they miss a lot? Ok, I'll give you that.
    There was not a single miss. Also, the situation dictates what you actually hit, even if you can aim for the center of mass. For example, t is quite common to hit the arms of a person shooting at you.

    This is just more evidence that you are just a troll. Did you even read the article?

  10. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    There was not a single miss. Also, the situation dictates what you actually hit, even if you can aim for the center of mass. For example, t is quite common to hit the arms of a person shooting at you.

    This is just more evidence that you are just a troll. Did you even read the article?
    Post 80 shot down your example.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Post 80 shot down your example.
    I gave an example, and not the coroner's report of this shooting. If you come to a force-on-force class, I can easily show you how you are more likely to hit extremities than the torso in a close-up fight like this one. The real world is nothing like a 180-degree squared range.

    For example, a natural reaction in a fight is to put arms and hands in front as protection against the other person. The robber was likely not prepared to actually use the gun as he did not fire a single shot. Once he realized that he was in over his head, he likely put his arms and hands in front, resulting in 8 hits to the arms.

    Your argument in post #83 was that the shooter was a bad shot. My argument in post #88 was that you have no clue about self defense scenarios and that you didn't even bother to read the article before commenting.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast