Gun Owners of America Oppose Eric Holder
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Owners of America Oppose Eric Holder

Gun Owners of America Oppose Eric Holder

The Gun Owners are America (GOA) have come out with vigorous opposition to Obamas pick for Attorney General, Eric Holder. Holder is and has been an outspoken anti-gunner who is on record opposing just about every pro-gun issue imaginable including the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms (RKBA). he will undoubtedly try to contravene or circumvent the recent Supreme Court decision on D.C. v Heller. The GOA has provided an easy way to contact your Senators to oppose the appointment of Eric Holder:

Gun Owners of America Opposes Attorney General Nominee

This is something that all of us who believe in our RKBA need to do. This could be the most disastrous appointment in recent years in terms of infringing upon the rights of gun owners.
    MOLON LABE

An anti gun president appointing an anti gun attorney general. Is anyone really surprised? We gun owners should have worked harder to keep Obama out of office. Now, barring something about his citizenship status coming to light, we're stuck with him for at least the next four years.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    An anti gun president appointing an anti gun attorney general. Is anyone really surprised? We gun owners should have worked harder to keep Obama out of office. Now, barring something about his citizenship status coming to light, we're stuck with him for at least the next four years.
    Not sure what else we could have done. There are just to many voters that are clueless.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Great, I guess I'll be stocking up some more when my Tax return comes in.

Not just over turning gun rights. But i can see this one coming. All Self defense shootings will be ruled as murder and he will make it a crime to defend one's self with a firearm.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    You say "we gun owners should have worked harder". Don't bemoan it or give up! Keep working! Go to the GOA site that I posted and send emails to your Senators opposing Eric Holders appointment. He hasn't been confirmed yet! Do something! Once he's confirmed this issue is over. I'm a little surprised that more people haven't responded to this. Here's the link again:

http://gunowners.org/a011309.htm

Remember, this OUR government. Take part in it and express yourselves. We can't let the D.C. v Heller verdict be a hollow victory.
    Last edited by gvaldeg1; 01-13-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    MOLON LABE

Talking anti gun attorney general

Thanks for the post I sent in my protest and also sent emal to some friends to get the word out.

+1. Wrote to both AL senators and my representative and asked them to vote no on Holder. I too would like to see more people getting involved.

Voting block

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Not sure what else we could have done. There are just to many voters that are clueless.
    The gun vote did not show up this year. I know many of us on this site voted. Some even voted for Obama. JTollet??? Had every single gun owner in the United States gone to the polls and voted for the pro gun candidate in the Presidential election, Senators, Reps and local reps included, the landscape would look much different. I'm not saying that Republicans are the only pro gun party....there are plenty of them who have a lousy record on gun issues as well. However, the Dem party and its leadership is on record as anti gun. We need not look any further than those who influence the Dems the most....Brady Bunch, Sierra Club, PETA, Moveon.org, N.O.W., the list goes on. Look at who their leaders are in the Senate, Kennedy, Schummer, Durbin, Feinstein....need I say more? Their leaders in the House, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi....need I say more? The country is on a virtually evenly weighted seesaw right now when it comes to the issues. However, our representation is completely out of whack due the fact we have Dem majority in the House, Senate and White House now. Our only hope is to retain the 5-4 majority at the Supreme Court. If not, our 2A rights could go either way in the next 4 years.

Surfcc

JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast