CW380 vs LCP II - help with decision

Thread: CW380 vs LCP II - help with decision

1. CW380 vs LCP II - help with decision

I have a CM9 and like it. Wanted a .380 to pocket. These are my two choices.

I keep hearing how the LCP is "snappy", which I take it to mean perceived recoil. And the sites are not great. However, much improved trigger pull, rounded edges, and might have an edge in concealment.

CW380 has nice sites, less perceived recoil. However, even with 200 rounds to break in, I'm hearing problems with reliability.

My initial feeling is to get the CW380 since it's a mini CM9. However, I don't want to get a pistol I cannot trust every time.

Would you weigh in with your experiences with both weapons. Remember, this is the new LCP II vs CW380.

Oh.. and now the price for me is identical for these two.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Markallen View Post
    I have a CM9 and like it. Wanted a .380 to pocket. These are my two choices.

I keep hearing how the LCP is "snappy", which I take it to mean perceived recoil. And the sites are not great. However, much improved trigger pull, rounded edges, and might have an edge in concealment.

CW380 has nice sites, less perceived recoil. However, even with 200 rounds to break in, I'm hearing problems with reliability.

My initial feeling is to get the CW380 since it's a mini CM9. However, I don't want to get a pistol I cannot trust every time.

Would you weigh in with your experiences with both weapons. Remember, this is the new LCP II vs CW380.

Oh.. and now the price for me is identical for these two.

Thanks!
    I tried out a few 380's and I don't like any of them.

Common to all of them is a very short grip. The only way to deal with this effectively is to get a special longer magazine that you can wrap your hand around better.

If I got one of these it would only be for jogging, when a full sized pistol is not real practical. I would stuff it into a fanny pack next to my Gatorade bottle.

Good luck in your decision.

Why? Isn't the CM9 perfect for pocket carry? You won't be able to find a smaller handgun in .380 ACP that is as or more reliable than your CM9. There is the Glock 42, which is slightly bigger. Also, as for these .380 ACP being "snappy", they are not more "snappy" than your CM9.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Why? Isn't the CM9 perfect for pocket carry? You won't be able to find a smaller handgun in .380 ACP that is as or more reliable than your CM9. There is the Glock 42, which is slightly bigger. Also, as for these .380 ACP being "snappy", they are not more "snappy" than your CM9.
    You are correct that I selected the CM9, in no small part, b/c I wanted the smallest 9mm that i could carry. Just as any aside, CM9 not snappy at all for me - very sweet to shoot. I also have the P32, which many would laugh at. But better a .32 then a .00.

I was thinking of the .380 for less printing on shorts and no shirt days.

Really, I wanted a discussion of the LCP II vs CW380. HKS does not like the CW380. Any comments on the LCP II, and comparing and contrasting the two?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Markallen View Post
    You are correct that I selected the CM9, in no small part, b/c I wanted the smallest 9mm that i could carry. Just as any aside, CM9 not snappy at all for me - very sweet to shoot. I also have the P32, which many would laugh at. But better a .32 then a .00.

I was thinking of the .380 for less printing on shorts and no shirt days.

Really, I wanted a discussion of the LCP II vs CW380. HKS does not like the CW380. Any comments on the LCP II, and comparing and contrasting the two?

Thank you!
    I have not shot either firearm. .380 ACP mouse guns are typically not recommended for carry, as they tend to have reliability issues.

I don't think a 380 is any easier to shoot for a woman than is a 9x19.

So they might as well get used to the 9x19 and thusly benefit from a load that is almost as good as a 45ACP.

8. Lcp2 is pretty new, you probably will have to rent one and shoot it to see and it's different from the other 2 previous laps to boot. I love my custom to death and recoil to me feels about what my old army .45 always was. No worse. Only gripe is the lack of empty mag slide lock which the 2. Fixes. Mine has jammed once in 300 rounds which is better than my Glock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Lcp2 is pretty new, you probably will have to rent one and shoot it to see and it's different from the other 2 previous laps to boot. I love my custom to death and recoil to me feels about what my old army .45 always was. No worse. Only gripe is the lack of empty mag slide lock which the 2. Fixes. Mine has jammed once in 300 rounds which is better than my Glock.
    What was the type and reason for the malfunctions you experienced. Failure to eject and limp wristing?

I have the Taurus TCP 738, another .380 ACP mouse gun. It worked initially pretty good. The only problem it had was when manually cycling JHP ammo, one had to rack the slide pretty rapidly to avoid having the JHP round getting stuck and locking up the firearm on ejection. However, after several thousands of rounds, it started to have failure to extract malfunctions. I personally blame it on the extractor riding over the round. Instead of replacing the extractor, I simply retired the firearm.

As for my Glocks, the only malfunctions that I experienced where user-induced, such with my Glock 19 or 20, when severely limp wristing the firearm or accidentally blocking the path of the slide. The only additional malfunctions that I experienced with my Glock 20 was when the recoil spring assembly (RSA) started to weaken. There is an actual replacement schedule for Glock parts: The Ultimate Guide To Glock Preventative Maintenance and Scheduled Parts Replacements.