How many people sleep with their guns? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people sleep with their guns?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How many people sleep with their guns?
    Just the ones who can't find women.
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Several people here appear to be savvy that burglars are very savvy.
    That's why we have a gun safe. We don't leave guns out when we're not home.

Few people here are savvy enough to note that you might need to defend yourself against your significant other or that she/he could take your gun to shoot you if she/he wants to.
    He or she wouldn't have to take your gun in order to shoot you. He or she can get his or her own gun.

Insurance money and infidelity are the two main reasons for spouses shooting the other.

Having a date spend the night is even more hazardous because you have no idea if this lady is a black widow or not. A black widow is a serial killer of men. She usually kills for insurance. So after she marries you is when you are most at risk.

Anyway, like I said, as duly quoted, 24/7/365.
    What is this fixation of your's with wives shooting husbands?

There is just too much crime on this Earth and God is not doing anything about it.

This suggests that God is a Deist God (as we surmise in Philosophy) and not a Theist God (like they tell you in Catholic, Protestant, or Eastern Orthodox Bible school).
    I'll be good and not hijack this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    That's why we have a gun safe. We don't leave guns out when we're not home.

He or she wouldn't have to take your gun in order to shoot you. He or she can get his or her own gun.

What is this fixation of your's with wives shooting husbands?

I'll be good and not hijack this thread.
    Gun safes are excellent for storing guns and valuables. Mine has passed the test of burglary when my home was broken into while I was away and the burglar(s) turned over the place, taking my fraternity ring from the dresser (which I had forgotten to put into the gun safe with the other valuables) and taking my compound bow (which would not fit into the gun safe). Everything inside the safe was safe. He/they tried to pry it open but could not. It is as strong and heavy as an engine block.

At night I also lock my gun safe to protect my guns while I am asleep, so that no burglars can get at them.

My trusty 45ACP sleeps under my pillow with me where a burglar cannot get to it.

Most burglars don't have guns of their own, although some do.

Leaving a gun out while you are asleep is tantamount to giving them your gun.

If you can hear the burglar that is called an ordinary burglar.

If you cannot hear the burglar that is called a cat burglar.

My cat sleeps next to me and wakes me whenever there is a sound anywhere, inside or outside.

He caught a rat once at night that had camped out in the hallway closet. He is a great watch-cat.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    The problem with the nightstand thing is that (1) burglars are savvy that this is where 99.9999% of all guns are kept and (2) your wife surely knows it too.

Unless it is under your pillow it is not really yours. It actually belongs to the burglar and your wife.
    Do I dare ask what happens to the firearm when you take a shower?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Do I dare ask what happens to the firearm when you take a shower?
    It goes into the bathroom with me, and I lock and barricade the door. Thought of that too.

If someone is watching you and they want to get at you, they would choose the most opportune moment. That would be one of them.

Sleeping, bathing, showering, pooping -- these are all moments of vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Just the ones who can't find women.
    Not true. One of my dates named Laura actually carried a 380 mouse gun in her purse.

Her mom and dad gave it to her before she left for college.

Ironically she never learned how to shoot it. A minor oversight on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Nightstand. You aren't going to get to my nightstand without my dogs going nuts
    Good point. Dogs are the best watchdogs (play on words). Even better than security cams.

But my cat tries hard too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    For those of you who keep a gun in bed, are you sleeping alone?
    Nope! My wife and two small dogs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Nightstand

sent from my S7 edge

The little Ruger sits on the headboard over the weekends.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast