How many people sleep with their guns? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95

Thread: How many people sleep with their guns?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Here's something you might want to consider:

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKHAWK...lster/20754531
    I still like under the pillow or inside the pillow case better however.

  2.   
  3. I have a rectangular basket, about 3" deep in the top drawer of my nightstand. It is the perfect size to hold a Ruger Police Service Six 4", two speed loaders and an LED flashlight. We have two rescue dogs who will wake the dead barking if anyone even approaches the house. The BGs will have a long staircase to ascend to get to us. It will be a "fatal funnel."

  4. #43
    I cannot imagine anyone successfully sneaking up on dogs unnoticed. So dogs are great to have around.

    I think if I kept a firearm in a drawer, I would move it to the bottom drawer, not the top.

    And I would move the chest of drawers close to the bedside so I could reach into the bottom drawer from the bed without getting up.

    But I sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow instead.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Apart from the fact that the poster is not going to read this:

    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I cannot imagine anyone successfully sneaking up on dogs unnoticed. So dogs are great to have around.

    I think if I kept a firearm in a drawer, I would move it to the bottom drawer, not the top.
    I agree with both.

    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    And I would move the chest of drawers close to the bedside so I could reach into the bottom drawer from the bed without getting up.

    But I sleep with my 45ACP under my pillow instead.
    I disagree with both. If you ever experienced waking up in the middle of the night due to some loud noise while you were in REM sleep, you would know that it takes some time to get your bearings and to be fully awake. Was the loud noise something you dreamed or was it real? The common "Where am I? What is happening?" response to confusion is not a good combination with lazy/easy access to a deadly weapon.

    The holster for the firearm under the pillow is not going to help much here as your intuitive response will be to grab the weapon and rip the holster off. Having the firearm located such that you need to get up will ensure you are wake enough to make rational decisions with that firearm in your hand.

    If you are worried about that extra second or two it takes to grab a firearm, then your home is poorly defended anyway.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just curious.
    Mine is on a nightstand shelf.
    I keep all my EDC in my jeans. If SHTF in the middle of the night, as has happened before, all I need to remember is to put my pants on. Wallet, phone (even while charging), keys, knife, gun, flashlight, etc., on my paints 24/7.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBook View Post
    I keep all my EDC in my jeans. If SHTF in the middle of the night, as has happened before, all I need to remember is to put my pants on. Wallet, phone (even while charging), keys, knife, gun, flashlight, etc., on my paints 24/7.
    Hopefully, in a holster?!

  8. #47

    How many people sleep with their guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Hopefully, in a holster?!
    Why would you automatically assume he doesn't otherwise?!

    Yeah, it's better to carry in some kind of holster but, I know a guy who carried a LC9 without a holster in his front pocket for the longest time. Big deal.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Why would you automatically assume he doesn't otherwise?!

    Yeah, it's better to carry in some kind of holster but, I know a guy who carried a LC9 without a holster in his front pocket for the longest time. Big deal.
    The post says "in my jeans" and not "in my holster". Also, my post included both, a question mark, "?", and an exclamation mark, "!". So, I don't automatically assume he doesn't. I simply hope he doesn't.

    Pocket carry without a holster is a good way to shoot yourself.

  10. #49

    How many people sleep with their guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The post says "in my jeans" and not "in my holster". Also, my post included both, a question mark, "?", and an exclamation mark, "!". So, I don't automatically assume he doesn't.
    So, you're immediately contradicting yourself in the same post...lol. At first you use the, "he said in his jeans and not in his holster" line like you are automatically assuming he means without a holster just because he didn't state holster.....yet..... At the same time, you claim that the usage of your exclamation point and question mark together when you asked him as to show that you don't automatically assume he meant just in his jeans without a holster so, which is it??
    I simply hope he doesn't.

    Pocket carry without a holster is a good way to shoot yourself.
    And yes, I agree, I hope he doesn't either. Even pocket holsters, where designed for and meant to be used for a reason.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So, you're immediately contradicting yourself in the same post...lol. At first you use the, "he said in his jeans and not in his holster" line like you are automatically assuming he means without a holster just because he didn't state holster.....yet..... At the same time, you claim that the usage of your exclamation point and question mark together when you asked him as to show that you don't automatically assume he meant just in his jeans without a holster so, which is it??

    And yes, I agree, I hope he doesn't either. Even pocket holsters, where designed for and meant to be used for a reason.
    Nice trolling attempt. In my jeans may mean in my jeans with a holster or in my jeans without a holster. Who knows what the poster does? It is up to him to clarify. Me simply quoting the poster doesn't imply anything other than that I am quoting the poster. My comments following that quote explain what I mean. You, making the same mistake twice, doesn't mean you are right. Shall I imply anything from you quoting my posts now and ignore your commentary?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast