How many people sleep with their guns? - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people sleep with their guns?

Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    I keep a gun on the night stand on my side of the bed. I work night shift, so for 4 nights a week my wife is home alone. She knows wher the gun is and has easy access to it in case of emergency. Also we DO NOT have any children in the house so I feel comfortable leaving the gun out.
    If that's the only gun you have then you need two -- one for her and one for you.

You should be taking yours to work with you. Lock it in a metal box chained to the interior of your car if your workplace does not let you take it inside.

Her gun should be under her pillow.

If you don't carry both guns with you 24/7/365 then you need a gun safe for when these guns are unattended.

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    Currently, I keep it on a tall dresser next to the bed. I am wanting to make a holster that is fixed to the side of the bed and easy to get to if needed.
    Any holster on any belt should be able to hang on any bedpost. So that should not be hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBook View Post
    Ahh, because those who put the gun under their pillow typically do not use a holster. The gun sleeps naked.

Yes, I use a holster made for carrying a gun in a pocket, and my gun is in that holster, in my jeans; not under a pillow, nor on a nightstand.
    There is only one person here (not "typically") who said he sleeps with his gun naked under his pillow.

The others who do keep it in a holster under their pillow or very close by within arm's reach.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    If that's the only gun you have then you need two -- one for her and one for you.

You should be taking yours to work with you. Lock it in a metal box chained to the interior of your car if your workplace does not let you take it inside.

Her gun should be under her pillow.

If you don't carry both guns with you 24/7/365 then you need a gun safe for when these guns are unattended.
    Trust me, I have more than one gun, and one is with me all the time... except when at work and it is locked in a steel safe in my car. Also, someone is always at home, unless we both go shopping together, then the guns at home are locked in a safe.

Sounds good then.

7. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Any holster on any belt should be able to hang on any bedpost. So that should not be hard to do.
    Don't have a bed post. I'm thinking something that will slide in between the box and mattress. Holster/gun outside hanging down, support in between the bed parts.

8. On the nightstand in a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    Don't have a bed post. I'm thinking something that will slide in between the box and mattress. Holster/gun outside hanging down, support in between the bed parts.
    I don't have a bed post either so I have put a small desk chair next to my bed, hanging my clothes (sweatsuit) over it (in case of fire or other emergency), and I can hang a slung carbine over the backrest when I feel that I need to.

But my pistol always goes under the pillows in its holster -- not "next to" my bed.

One on the nite stand (no kids to worry about) and one down stairs in the tv cabinet
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Has anyone experienced a bedtime home invasion and had to put any of these weapons' positionings to the test?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast