How many people sleep with their guns? - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: How many people sleep with their guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Has anyone experienced a bedtime home invasion and had to put any of these weapons' positionings to the test?
    "Bedtime home invasion(s)" are more often called cat burglaries -- a quite burglar in the middle of the night.

Two of my neighbors in their townhomes in the next block over experienced this, yes.

So the threat is indeed real.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    "Bedtime home invasion(s)" are more often called cat burglaries -- a quite burglar in the middle of the night.

Two of my neighbors in their townhomes in the next block over experienced this, yes.

So the threat is indeed real.
    What I want to know is what method of gun keeping did they use. Did they have bedside guns, in the pillow guns, or something else? How did it work out for them?

Burglaries are one kind of nighttime home invasion but there are other reasons that bad people invade the sanctuary of the home at night, so I'm including all of them. I want to know what the residents did with their guns to thwart them. What real life method worked?

What I want to know is what method of gun keeping did they use. Did they have bedside guns, in the pillow guns, or something else? How did it work out for them?

Burglaries are one kind of nighttime home invasion but there are other reasons that bad people invade the sanctuary of the home at night, so I'm including all of them. I want to know what the residents did with their guns to thwart them. What real life method worked?
    Those particular neighbors to which I was referring had NO guns. They are California hippies/yuppies who hate guns.

80% of Californians do not own guns. It is as anti gun there as in NYC or DC or Chicago.

They are easy meat for criminals.

For the record, I have since moved away from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Those particular neighbors to which I was referring had NO guns. They are California hippies/yuppies who hate guns.

80% of Californians do not own guns. It is as anti gun there as in NYC or DC or Chicago.

They are easy meat for criminals.
    So what happened to them?

So what happened to them?
    They huddled in their upper bedrooms with the door locked and blocked, and called the police, who by the time they got there the burglar was gone with their computers.

This was a burglar who was working the neighborhood apparently and who knew where the easy meat was.

Anti gun hippies like this should at least have a dog. The dog is better than nothing for protection.

But these yuppies/hippies are so selfish they don't even love pets.

I spoke with one of them and she told me about the others.

Her hubby is a totally useless hippy freak who works on software. Typical for NYC, Chicago, and California.

7. Not under my pillow, but right next to it.

There are any number of scenarios for needing a weapon in the middle of the night. We've heard of people trying to kick a door in.. that usually wakes a person up. The dog hears noises, again, waking up residents from their sleep.

A number of silent entries occur, no alarm or dog to alert the resident. That's the one that worries me, being caught off guard, an intruder in my bedroom while I'm asleep, and having to reach/lunge for a weapon. You're totally exposed for a second and a half or two. So I have slept with a holstered semi-auto under my pillow and think if I ever need it, playing dead and moving slowly with closed eyes, even firing from under a blanket would give me more chances than reaching and praying.

Who knows? I've never been in any situation like that and likely never will be. Just more to think about.
    I've been around longer than you thought. What did I miss?
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...tml#post580655

9. Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    So I have slept with a holstered semi-auto under my pillow and think if I ever need it, playing dead and moving slowly with closed eyes, even firing from under a blanket would give me more chances than reaching and praying.
    Works from the bathtub too!

And High Plains Drifter
    I've been around longer than you thought. What did I miss?
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...tml#post580655

11. Yep I keep mine in a sticky holster in between my bed and frame

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast