Looking for a decent pistol safe. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a decent pistol safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SecureGuard View Post
    Hi corneileous,

Both are good, but i think you must go with the first one as one of my friend is using this one and it is good. Even you can check the rating and review regarding this in the below link.

https://www.amazon.com/GunVault-SV50...D001ZA1DXG6TKW

Here you will also get answers to your queries regarding this product as people who are using this have answered so many queries there.

Good Luck.. :)
    I'm actually considering this one a little bit. I've seen and handled one in person. A buddy of mine bought one at a Costco or Sams Club, and it seemed to be a pretty good, solid safe. However, I didn't get to play with it that much because we quickly found out that someone had already bought it and retuned it and, they forgot to put the key back in the package so, you couldn't open the safe to put the batteries in to check out the keypad.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I did look but as you can see from the picture below, the mechanism on top is in the shape of a hand with what looks like fingerprint sensors. Are these combination buttons, or what? They didn't appear to have numbers printed on them. Besides, Gun Vault's website does a horrible job describing the products so, I don't know how they work. But since you have two, perhaps you could do a better job describing them.
    Looking at the product manual would be out of the question? There are 4 buttons in a cut-out for a hand. You just place your fingers in there and press the combination you previously programmed. It is designed for access without the need to look at the buttons. There is no need to number them. The combination can be quite complex as it is a sequence of pushing a single button and/or multiple buttons simultaneously. The model in the picture does not have a fingerprint sensor.

I am just sooooo incredibly sorry that I didn't see the link for the owner's manual and coerced you to describe it for me since you have one. Will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?

I am just sooooo incredibly sorry that I didn't see the link for the owner's manual and coerced you to describe it for me since you have one. Will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?
    I would have, but there are numerous YouTube videos that you seem to have missed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I would have, but there are numerous YouTube videos that you seem to have missed as well.
    Yep, I guess I coulda done all this myself. I guess maybe I need to rethink my need for even bothering to have an account here at ole usacarry.com.

But since you're the only one that can answer this question (I hope), since you've had both your safes for around 4 years, are yours the ones that are powered also by the AA batteries or the single 9-volt?

This guy below has the AA version and claims it has no audible low-battery alarm on it and will drain the batteries every two months.

7. 8 years, no failures, no batteries

Mechanical for me when my defensive gun is concerned. There are several brands. Consider how and where you will mount it as most only work mounted in one way.

Yep, I guess I coulda done all this myself. I guess maybe I need to rethink my need for even bothering to have an account here at ole usacarry.com.

But since you're the only one that can answer this question (I hope), since you've had both your safes for around 4 years, are yours the ones that are powered also by the AA batteries or the single 9-volt?

This guy below has the AA version and claims it has no audible low-battery alarm on it and will drain the batteries every two months.

9V. The ones with the AA batteries aren't produced anymore.

. . .

I take it you didn't appreciate my humorous terminology of a big, upright gun safe??...Looking for a decent pistol safe.
    I don't mind it all--it's a good description of the one we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I don't mind it all--it's a good description of the one we have.

11. I have the biometric speedvault mounted to the side of my couch in the living room. I also have another type of biometric safe upstairs. Overall I have no problems with the biometric reading of either of my safes. With this speed safe though is more of a finger swipe over the scanner than a normal reader. You first hit a button and then swipe your finger across it. There is a 1-2 second delay between the time it beeps and the time it opens. Just to be on the safe side, I swipe my finger 2-3 times during this delay to make sure it opens each time. On my bigger safer with normal reader I have never had a bad read

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast