Apendix Carry with J Frame - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apendix Carry with J Frame

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    When you speak the truth it is not blasphemy. If you think it is then you yourself also would have agreed with the Sanhedrin to crucify Jesus for claiming to be the Son Of God (Theos Patyr).
    Please start a new thread topic with this post rather than hijacking this thread. I'll reply there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Please start a new thread topic with this post rather than hijacking this thread. I'll reply there.
    You start one if you want one.

I don't take orders from anybody now that I am out of the Core.

You start one if you want one.

I don't take orders from anybody now that I am out of the Core.
    It wasn't an order; I said "please." Anyway, I thought you were in the Corps, not the Core.

It wasn't an order; I said "please." Anyway, I thought you were in the Corps, not the Core.
    Play on words ... and very famous: "bite into the apple -- then fokk the core."

6. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    1911A1's have the strongest triggers you can ask for -- single action requiring you to cock the hammer first -- if you simply carry in Condition #2 (hammer down on a live round).
    And this is my complaint about dao.....that is can't do this so I'm out to by me and the wifey two more guns..

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

7. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I continuously worry about where guns are pointed -- this is one of the first principles of firearms handling -- never point a gun whether loaded or unloaded at anyone or anything that you don't want to kill. Including yourself.
    Note the word 'handling' that's the key word in the whole sentence.

I am continuously aware of where I am pointing the muzzle of a gun-

when it is in my hand.

I don't worry about where holstered guns are pointed any more than I would worry about where guns in a safe are pointed.

How ironic (or hypocritical- depending on your point of view) you are preaching about safe gun handling yet you are condoning the use of Condition 2 carry for 1911's.

In my opinion, Condition 2 carry of a 1911 is a negligent discharge waiting for a place to happen.

A 1911 has 2 manual safeties and- in the case of the Series 80 action- a third automatic safety as well. The grip safety disables the trigger, the thumb safety locks the sear and hammer in place and the automatic safety of the Series 80 action blocks the firing pin until disengaged by the pulling of the trigger. So the whole firing chain is locked down as a whole and as individual parts.

Sounds pretty safe to me.

To get to Condition 2 (hammer down on a live round), you have to disengage ALL of those safeties so you can lower the hammer down- onto the firing pin, after disengaging the automatic safety (if present)- manually.

Tell me how that is safer than Condition 1, again?

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Tell me how that is safer than Condition 1, again?
    Be careful, you called him out on the BS he posted. He might put you on his ignore list after throwing a hissy fit.

Apendix Carry with J Frame

Why would you feel guilty?
    "Catholic Guilt" is immense and it does not take but a little bit more to put me over the top.
    That's kinda what I thought, why would anyone feel guilty in a church since shootings do happen in them like they did in this one in Charleston.

My overall safety outweighs any guilt I may have.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    My overall safety outweighs any guilt I may have.
    Hmmm, maybe that's why I generally couldn't care less about these moronic store owner's rights to create "violence welcome" zones. Hmmm....

Apendix Carry with J Frame

--snip--
    BUT since I do not own a GLOCK I do not worry about this.
    --snip--
    It's not so much Glocks, it's pretty much any pistol that relies solely on a trigger safety.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Be careful, you called him out on the BS he posted. He might put you on his ignore list after throwing a hissy fit.
    Not that.

Anything but that.

I just don't know if I could go on if such a catastrophe was to occur to me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast